• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sonar Interference

DLD24

Question

Took the boat out to test out the new electronics...and I'm getting interference when both transducers are working..I thought maybe if I switched frequencies put one DI and another on 2d it would be fine, but it wasn't... is there anything you can do about this?

20170509_121440.jpg

12 answers to this question

I might try playing with the sensitivity, ping speed, & chart speed settings. Is everything set on Auto? How fast were you moving. If that doesn't help I might give Lowrance FAQ's or where you checked for transducer placement.a look. Nothing in the manual? Any new software updates?

Edited by gunner55

Receiver from one unit picking up transmission or reflection from other unit.   Since they aren't synchronized, shows up as random hash.   Unit has to know when ping was sent to translate the echo into a reading of the bottom.  

I would try putting the ping speed on manual & turning it down a little. At WOT you may need to adjust it back up. Is there settings for surface clarity & or noise reduction? I assume there is, you may want to take them off the factory default settings & try adjusting them manually as well.

Is one transducer on the trolling motor and one on the back or are both on the transom? Garmin, Lowrance, Humminbird, Vexilar and Marcum 2D sonar (flasher is a 2D) all work on 200Khz (+- some frequency variation when using CHIRP) so when the transducers are mounted to close to each other you get interference. In your photo, at 18.9 feet deep you shouldn't be getting transducer interference unless you either have a very short boat or the 'ducers are mounted to close to each other.

Are both graphs powered directly from the battery or do they go through some  factory wiring? Does it happen with and without the trolling motor running? Does it happen with the big motor is running? Minnkota or Motorguide trolling motor?

Interference can be a difficult thing to diagnose.

That's very possible. We have 2 units on our rig but the 1 on the console has the transducer on the transom & the other is on the bow with the transducer on the TM. The pic of your screen looks very similar to what we get on our on our Elite 5 when I get too close with my Marcum flasher when we are ice fishing.