Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

vtx1029

Minnkota Vantage

2 posts in this topic

Anyone messed with a minnkota vantage? I've heard the end button can cause problems. I was out this week and was using without issue, then I couldn't get the prop to turn on for anything. Put it up and down checked the breaker no issues found. Fast forward to today and messed with it in the driveway and everything worked as it should.

Anyone torn into this? Looks like all the controls are only sold together in the handle assembly. Are there contacts to clean or is it time to bite the $170 bullet for an new switch? Really don't want this to dump out when I really need it

Replaced mine about 2 years ago. Not too bad of a job.  You need to tear into it to work the site harness into place.  Check out fish307 for parts.  I didn't pay that much.  

For other issues I"he used the motor clinic in Bloomington.  They are reasonable and fast.  Mine stopped going down but clicks so it's going there for repairs.