• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota Vantage

vtx1029

Question

Anyone messed with a minnkota vantage? I've heard the end button can cause problems. I was out this week and was using without issue, then I couldn't get the prop to turn on for anything. Put it up and down checked the breaker no issues found. Fast forward to today and messed with it in the driveway and everything worked as it should.

Anyone torn into this? Looks like all the controls are only sold together in the handle assembly. Are there contacts to clean or is it time to bite the $170 bullet for an new switch? Really don't want this to dump out when I really need it

4 answers to this question

Replaced mine about 2 years ago. Not too bad of a job.  You need to tear into it to work the site harness into place.  Check out fish307 for parts.  I didn't pay that much.  

For other issues I"he used the motor clinic in Bloomington.  They are reasonable and fast.  Mine stopped going down but clicks so it's going there for repairs.

On 4/29/2017 at 5:08 PM, Genofish said:

at times the prop will stop on mine, usually when I move it to turn, need to tear into it sometime, I have use fishelectronics for misc. parts

I tore mine apart and found no real smoking gun. It works fine in the driveway. If your having issues with it stopping while turning pull off the very back cover and one above it. All the control buttons on the handle are fed back and connect to around 9 butt splices on the left side of the trolling motor you may have a cracked wire. The wire gauge is very small for the connectors they use.

Just got mine back from motor clinic.   Sounds like a possible bad connection. They went through mine and homerunned the connections to the circuit boards.  Works great now.  No way for them to wiggle loose now.