• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gobbling Activity?

1eyeReD

I don't expect a lot of noise this morning since it's dreary.  I'm hoping for better tomorrow morning before the wind picks up.

I've heard limited gobbling even when I've heard it.  One or two, then quiet.  I'm not far from Anyfish2 but the amount of people activity could be playing into it.  

On 4/15/2017 at 5:33 AM, Wanderer said:

I don't expect a lot of noise this morning since it's dreary.  I'm hoping for better tomorrow morning before the wind picks up.

They are gobbling their heads off this morning!  Too bad they got pushed even further away from the ground I can hunt by everyone out enjoying the evening last night.

Since there's nothing close and we have people here for Easter, I'm staying in.  Good thing it's a long season with a bow.

Good luck to you who are out.

Wednesday opening morning, clear calm, lots of gobbles, Friday morning was cloudy, really windy, very few gobbles. Saturday morning, party cloudy, less wind. moderate gobbles.. West Central MN.

Sun morning. A few gobbles from different directions. A gun goes off from private and it goes silent. Hr later gobbling starts again but they all eventually hushed after 8:00. Had a group of jakes at 10 yds come investiagate my dekes about 6:45am but the only one with a clearly visible beard (about 4 inches) was too fidgety for a shot. The 3 trailing jakes decided to turn their attention to the blind and got within about 5 yds looking right into the shooting windows. And that's when the jig was up. Stayed til late morning and went home for easter egg hunt with the kids. Was a fun hunt nonetheless.

My brother got out for a quick evening hunt with my nephew as his baseball game was cancelled due to all of the rain yesterday.  Didn't hear any gobbles but had a dozen or so Jake's and toms sitting in front of the blind.  Ducked into the woods  and had turkeys everywhere after 20 minutes.  Ended up with this one.1920.jpeg

One kid left to tag out and I think they made it into the blind tonight. ;)