• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1 hour ago, Borch said:

Think it'll take that long?

Depending what part of the state your looking for them. My spots and been within the same week or two the last 4 years.

a few were found down here in WC IL over the weekend

from what the "experts" (dnr biologists and noted shroomologists) say, soil temp 53-55* is when they start popping

we had that sunday but its dropped back near 50. i checked a few trees while turkey hunting today and didnt find any

heres a site that tracks soil temps

farm bureau soil temperatures

Well our lilacs were just starting to bud out yesterday and I was thinking we should go take a peek today. Unfortunately we got 2 inches of snow overnight and it's still coming down! I'm pretty sure Hubbard county will have to wait at least a week to ten days with the temps forecast.

Was clearing some downed trees from trails this morning. Checked a couple of trees and would you look at that. I didn't look very hard so I'm sure there are more, but of course have to head to work. Cold weather predicted after today though...

IMG_20170424_123557047.jpg

Lilacs are really leafing out here in central MN.  On my few walks through the woods, the mushrooms have been few and far between: No more scarlet cups, no pheasant backs, no oysters. I haven't went to my morel spots because there's no hurry and I don't want to trample them, but I doubt they're up very far around here if the pheasant backs haven't even fruited. I'll be back out today before the rain checking on things, though. 

Lilac blooms are here, just haven't opened. Hearing some reports of good finds in the Houston and Lewiston areas of MN. I checked some new public areas today on the MN side. Could be decent later but too cold and wet right now. Will check some early season spots tomorrow but won't hope for much with the cold weather.

1 hour ago, Notime said:

We went for a quick walk today at one spot and nothing, went over to another and we picked 70. We were only in the woods for about an hour. Hubbard county is on the board!

18222582_1485017844876308_4789669395801759024_n.jpg

Crazy!  Didn't you guys just have snow the other day? :crazy: