• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 3 "Strut Stoppers"

DonBo

Uh oh... for the nephew.

That hen has been around for a couple years, along with another one a mile or 2 away. This is the first time I saw her up close.

In the blind now with my uncle and his 12 ga. There is a gobbler in the tree 50 yards behind us and a couple to our our left a bit from archer away. They have only sounded off once since 5:20.

They gobbled non stop from when I posted that until they flew down at 6. The tom on the right came around to us and the tom and jake from the left came around to us. Not a gobble since they landed and the toms stayed out of range. The jake made it to 20 yards then headed back with the toms.

4 hours ago, Borch said:

Awesome!  I bet you both had a great time!

Yes sir.  That's the 20 ga I put together last year, and already the 3rd bird taken with it.  Love that little gun.

Update the nephew turned in his missing assignments because he wants to hunt. He is sleeping on the couch or pretending to sleep at this time. Shortly we will getting up to eat and pack up the snack bag to head to the blind! I had a back youth hunter if he could not go. My nephew told me to tell you all yesterday don't worry if those two big ones come in one is dying from to lead to the head. I am going to use the 3 decoys and move the jake out to 10 yards

Well that sucks... 

I'm hunting a spot that heats up midday and has some good nesting cover. My dad came to check a trail camera out here the other day and saw 2 toms out here. We set up in the area he saw them and they just showed up today. Got them fired up with some putts and purrs and they came down onto the field about 60 yards. Rather than come to us they were on a dead run off towards one of our flanks. Turns out there was a 3rd tom behind us a few hundred yards in full strut. These two toms ran all the way to him to run him off and across the road. So all 3 toms were gone across the road. Few minutes ago one came back and is now on our side again with a hen. They are 400 yards out though. Man these things can frustrate you.

Edited by PFUNK

I missed one last night.   Shot a 3D archery shoot yesterday and did really well.  From there straight to my blind for an evening hunt.  Big tom came in to 32 yards. I ranged him, dialed in my sight and slid one just passed him. That's as far as I've ever shot with my bow but was feeling pretty confident after shooting all day. Oh well.

Sitting in another spot right now and as of 6:30 have not yet heard a peep.  Can't sit long today, dang work always getting in the way of my fun.

2 hours ago, walleyehunter02 said:

Bummer.

Battling a cough/cold here and the snooze alarm won this morning.  Hopefully I'll get out later this week.

Going on 4 weeks of major cough for me with viral bronchitis.  I made a cough muffler that takes 90% of the sound away.  Hens didn't react to it last week.  I really hope it's better by Wednesday when my season starts. Coughing and turkey hunting is a tough combo.

2 hours ago, Borch said:

Going on 4 weeks of major cough for me with viral bronchitis.  I made a cough muffler that takes 90% of the sound away.  Hens didn't react to it last week.  I really hope it's better by Wednesday when my season starts. Coughing and turkey hunting is a tough combo.

If possible, get doctor to give you prednisone or an inhaled cortico-steroid like flovent or asminex (assuming you have prescription drug insurance)

Or the codine cough syrup if nothing else.  It is cheap.  Need a prescription, though

Edited by delcecchi