• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 3 "Strut Stoppers"

DonBo

Team #3  Strut Stoppers

Monstermoose78nephew - Y.........Youth, all season.

123fish..........................................Season A...................SCORED!

featherslayer1..............................Season A....................SCORED!

Pfunk............................................Archery, all season

DonBo..........................................Archery, all season.....SCORED!

walleyehunter02...........................Archery, all season

DonBo here.  I'm archery hunting in Minnesota and have two tags to fill in Wisconsin.  

What's everybody else up too?

My biggest priority is getting my 93 year old father on one.  Not sure how many more years I'll be able to share time in the blind with him.  Didn't get him one last year, but here's a photo of him from two seasons back.  

13903156_10205925161002322_1969001347113829406_n.jpg

I'm here and itching to hit the woods. Was out looking this morning and seen some here and there but not the numbers as previous years. I'll be able to hunt every day so that's a plus, my hunt is the first season so what is going to be the teams WINNING name.

9 hours ago, DonBo said:

DonBo here.  I'm archery hunting in Minnesota and have two tags to fill in Wisconsin.  

What's everybody else up too?

My biggest priority is getting my 93 year old father on one.  Not sure how many more years I'll be able to share time in the blind with him.  Didn't get him one last year, but here's a photo of him from two seasons back.  

13903156_10205925161002322_1969001347113829406_n.jpg

You going to let him use that nasty 20 gauge you set up last spring?

45 minutes ago, Borch said:

You going to let him use that nasty 20 gauge you set up last spring?

He took his deer with it last fall, I believe I can talk him into using it again.  I know I will be ;)

I will be gun hunting the "A" season here in southwest Minnesota. Heard a couple last weekend so at least there are a few around. Good luck Don with putting your dad on a bird. That is impressive to say the least to be out and about in your eighties much less your nineties. Will think a little on a team name. 

Here and ready to make em tumble! Will have a MN archery tag in my pocket. Will be focusing on getting mom a bird during A season and my uncle his first during B season before I let an arrow fly. Although the bow won't be far away in case an extra opportunity arises.

As for names I am cool with whatever.

Hey fellas. I will be giving it a go with the bow in Minnesota this year. Always went with the scatter gun in the past but only having 7 days last year made it tough with work and it took until the last day for me to connect. No vacation time to be using for turkey hunting this year, so I will be giving them heck on mornings when I work a late shift. I'll give it all I got to try to get one on the board for us. It's coming on real quick now!

On 4/7/2017 at 6:18 PM, monstermoose78 said:

He says strut stoppers

It shall be done. Welcome to the Strut Stoppers.

Archery season starts Wednesday.  Stopped by my favorite spot over the weekend and there were 3 longbeards and two jakes out in my field.  Feeling pretty excited about my chances.

Everyone's checked in.  Sounds like we'll all have an opportunity to hunt this week's opener.  Who's going to be in a blind come Wednesday morning?  I know I will.  Can't wait!

Good luck in the morning all! I may be able to get in the blind if mom connects early enough. Not sure how well my one year old son will do in the blind.. (we may give it a test). We will be roaming nearby if things go south with him in the blind.

Thursday for sure tho! Saw 7 strutting this afternoon in our area. Game on! 3 toms strutting within a group of 10 birds and the other 4 were paired and trying to impress their ladies.

Had a great show this morning, but failed to fill my tag.  Two jakes really took a liking to my Avian X hens.

Then 3 longbeards came in, had just drawn back on one as he attacked my jake decoy.  Scared the heck out of him and they all ran away. :(

Now I have to work the rest of the day dreaming of things to come tomorrow.

IMG_20170412_063450872.jpg

IMG_20170412_063339602.jpg

Man. A 12 ga. with an extended turkey choke sure can punch a hole in a bird at 3 steps! In the chaos of the hunt once I got a bird gobbling. we didn't talk about when to shoot (since I was trying to video it) and she shot before he cleared into my window. She shot a bit low and I could have fit a pop can through the hole in his neck. He was not going anywhere! 

Hey team looks like we are on a roll now, went out yesterday and ended up passing on a tom with about an 8" beard. This morning hit another place and the woods was loaded up with gobbles but with the fog we had it kept them pretty right. I decided to really get aggressive on my calling and that worked. Had a Jake in first followed by two hens, the gobbles was getting closer and finally thru the fog I seen two coming a cross the field. A few soft purrs and they come running right in. Not the biggest bird alirtle over 21# and. 10.75" beard I'll get registered later on

So we are on the board, Good luck to my team and be safe.