• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 1 "Strutting to First"

ZachD

Hugonian here.

I will be archery hunting the Minnesota season and have season C and D tags for Wisconsin.

Saw a nice beard dragging tom cross the road onto my property last evening.

Hope he sticks around.

I will be trying to score my first bird with a bow this year.  After years of bagging birds with a gun, I figured it was time.  I just plan on hunting the MN season.  But there is a possibility of a quick trip to Nebraska.

I like strutting to first!

Morgan will be first up to bat at our house for the Minnesota season. I scouted again this morning and found a few groups of birds but only one of them was on land I can hunt. Not as many birds around as usual for me but it only takes one! If I can reach them in a decent spot Morgan will be playing hooky on Wednesday morning for a little while.

4 hours ago, Scoot said:

Morgan will be first up to bat  If I can reach them in a decent spot Morgan will be playing hooky on Wednesday morning for a little while.

I'll be out. Feel free to text me with any updates.

23 hours ago, ZachD said:

This sloppy mess going to change your tactics? If so how?

Ha never mind that its all dried up for some reason I thought yesterday was the 12th :cry: I guess I have been working too much overtime have not had a day off in a couple weeks.

I scored a 3 day access to a very nice property South of Lakeville. Its pretty much my dream place to hunt.

I am going out tomorrow at our farm in Dayton I may pass on a turkey given the opportunity just to hunt the other property. I am hoping that this will open a door to a new deer hunting property as well. I did see a nice Tom and two hens going down our property line though it may be hard to pass up one when the time comes :P

Good luck tomorrow everyone

I am trying to show my kids the ropes the next few weeks.

Oh Boy the opener was eventful.  Lots of birds and turkey talk!

Isaac had 9 toms & jakes around him for 45 mins.  What chaos in the woods.

We even got into an argument with a hen 15 yds out!  It was fun talking to her.

No shots yet for isaac.

well had one Jake that I passed the 2 toms come begin me if I had my window open back there I could of nailed one then had another nice tom come and hang up below the hill

WP_20170412_08_25_20_Pro.jpg

I see how they are moving on the property a little blind and decoy readjustment and I should have them dead to rights. They were all coming straight behind me the big toms never say my decoys as they were block by my blind they git distracted when a hen came by from the other way... Tomorrow I am going to give this property a break and hunt my Clearwater property.

I only started to bring them in with loud aggressive calling

Well I am getting off work early (3rd shift) I am going to head to Dayton again instead hopefully will connect this morning will not be able to get out until Monday after this morning.

Good luck all