• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 5

monstermoose78

Way to go Wally Dog. and everyone else!!  I am bow hunting mn right nowwith Nebraska in the near future. I took my 8 year old grandson out which was a personal go for me and he shot a beauty 24lb. and a10" beard so its my turn now. My son and I went sunday morning and called up a huge tom with one hen. Had him coming to us from about 150 yards and then he was joined by 2 jakes. He still tried to push the hen in our direction while keeping the jakes at bay. He got to 42 yards (range finder), at one time but did not offer a good shot opportunity and thought about shooting him but he was still  working his way with his hen to us. One of the jakes kept harrassing him and he ended up working back toward the fence. Matt ranged him walking away at 60 yards and I thought it would be the only chance so I put the sight just in the middle of his fan and let him have it. Just a bit low as Matt watched the arrow hit between his legs. He jumped and walked further away with the crew. I thought at one time Matt could call him back as he did turn and strut and headed a few steps back toward us. It'll happen yet. Got alot of time.

so ... dillon has a bird to enter and 1957 is still hunting?

looks like we are in good shape, but lot of guys still hunting in MN and WI, i assume

ended my season friday. got the blind set up before the shower started. it quit right before sunrise time and there was lots of gobbling on the roost a couple hundred yards away but none where i heard them close by when scouting a couple days earlier.

a few distant gobbles on the ground, then nothing after the rain and wind picked up again. finally saw a hen step out of the woods about 830 and start heading toward me. soft yelps kept her coming, then out steps a big tom and several more hens heading my way

but when they got to an opening in the fence from the stalk field into another timber, the tom paused, i had the bead on him, decided it was too far, and then they were gone

the rain quit a half hour later and i ramped up the calling with some louder yelps and cutts. a few minutes later a head comes over a rise in the field and its a solo tom. he ignored the dekes and headed toward the fence gap where the others went, stopped and fanned without gobbling, but some soft yelps, clucks and purrs kept him coming my way. dropped him at 40 yards

after stepping it off to where he lay, i kept going to where the other tom left the field and it was 55 big steps, so glad i didnt shoot

went 23, 10, 1 but the rain cut loose again on the way back to the truck so i didnt take pictures

No, Dillons has not. I cant get the pictures to post from my phone!  ,,,once again.->   I need help posting pictures from my samsung s6 edge+,,,  and yes I am still hunting and seeing birds, just waiting for the right opportunity is all. Thanks again

Go to the reply box.

Click or touch the: click to choose files. Next to the paper clip.

Touch the: my files.

Touch: device storage

Then pic whichever file the pictures are in.  Mine are inside the DCMI file.

Touch: camera (if picture was taken with your s6).

Chose the picture you want to post.

Repeat for each picture you wish to post.

If this doesn't seem to work, feel free to e-mail or text the pictures to me.  Pm me and I will give you my number and E-mail.