Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

JBMasterAngler

Twins 2017

33 posts in this topic

Only 1 day away from opening day! Predictions for the season? Unfortunately, I only see slight improvements in certain areas. Will be interesting to see if hitters strike out less with our new hitting coach. 73-89 is my prediction. 

I have no expectations, and I realize new front office inherited a mess. But I want to see them make some improvements in many areas.

Starting today with Dozier at lead off and Mauer 4th as clean up is not what I want to see. Buxton should be leading off and Sano should be batting 4th. Bat mauer #2 and dozier 3rd. Or better yet bury Mauer in the bottom of the order until he can prove to be productive again.

How many years in a row now have we seen the entire team start the seasons batting terrible. The only hot bat in spring training that showed any sort of power (Park) is currently in Rochester. Enjoy the alleged sell out today. Rest of the season is going to be a snoozefest. 

Good start to the year with a season opening win. That's progress especially compared to last years start of the season.

pikestabber likes this

Was a fun game to watch. I agree, I'm not a fan of this lineup. Hopefully it changes up before it's too late. 

Buxton hitting 3 really baffles me.  9 hitter, and I dont care how early in the draft he was picked.  As a coach I always tried to put players in positions to succeed.  not the case here.  and no i dont want molitors job.

I would hope that the hit he got in his last at bat will be the start of something. But I doubt it. He'll strike out at least 2 more times today. Will this be the year they finally pull the plug on him?

He has value, best defensive outfielder in system.  Saves runs.  Its not his fault he was drafted where he was, scouting issues.  At this point in his career, he hits 240 hes still around.  But my gosh, hit him 9th where he can relax a little.

I like what I am seeing so far. Other than Mauer and Buxton a combined 2-25 to start the season.  Good thing they both bat in the top 4 of the lineup.....

I hate seeing some good small ball from the twins get ruined by a grand slam from the tigers :mad:

Buxton has 17 K's in 29 at bats. Good defense or not, that's not going to cut it. I agree with dropping him 9th in the order. Hopefully they avoid the sweep tomorrow.

They are being competitive so far, that's all I ever ask from them.

back to a losing team again. Hate to see another good start from Santana wasted.  

But we can celebrate Mauer getting a double today (1st extra base hit all year) and Buxton only struck out once today.....it was a good run while it lasted.

They will lose 90 to 100 games again this year. They do not have the pitching to even get to 500. Santana will be our lone all-star and be traded before end of year. Hope something changes but they did not add anything for starters or offensive so until they do we will get the same junk. Really sucks cause i love watching and listening to the games all summer long.

They're finally playing someone outside of the central division tonight, so we'll see what happens. Did Sano get suspended for throwing a punch yesterday?

Can't complain how the Twinkies have been playing.  Sano has been a beast, Santana is pitching really well, and some pretty good defense by Buxton will over shadow is horrid .160BA.

May 4th and we are in first place.

Maybe the force is with us this year?

;)

Still early yet maybe the force just isn't with the rest of the division. But I like the way Santana has been throwing those are some pretty wicked looking pitches.

Unfortunately Gibson is pitching he exact opposite of what Santana is doing. Twins need to be done with him!

Posted (edited)

If Santana keeps it up, he will be starting for this year's All Star Game.

Edited by Duffman

They showed this weekend how up and down the game can be.  Hopefully just a bump in the road, still over .500.

Up 8-2 on the ride home yesterday from upnorth, heard the Rays scored another to make it 8-3 and the bases were loaded with nobody out.

Traffic was really ticking me off, so I thought it would be best to turn on some music because I had a feeling our bull pen wouldn't come through after Sunday's game.

Best decision I made all weekend.

:D

Same thing here...listening to the game on way home. Figured it was over. Ended up turning tv on, expecting to watch the post game show, and seen the score :crazy:

Glad I forgot to record this afternoon's game. What a rough stretch.