• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frogs .....

Cret Jigs

Frog fishing is my favorite way to fish for bass. I think both are 100% better than scum frogs and the other cheapies, both are durable, both have proper weighting for long casts, and both have the same hook design. If you think that small amount of shape difference or eyes popping out on top are that much better then you are a tackle companies dream, they just caught a whopper. Either way you go you have a good product.

Edited by Hawg

So i have experimented with a bunch of brands to see which ones walk the best .... of coarse it depends on fisherman, rod & line being used.   7"2" Cabelas bass rod medium heavy tourney rod,  power pro 45# ...here is the order of best walking frog that worked for me off the dock.

1.  Terminator frog

2.  Bobby's perfect frog (pretty close to terminator) by snag Proof

3.  Spro frog (ok)

4.  KVD frog  (took some work)

5.  Booya pad crasher (teririble)

These are the ones i own ... terminator and snag proof where effortless!!!

13 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

I've never tried my booya poppin pad crashers Yet but are they really bad or just not as good? Just wondering.

I use them and they seem to work fine. I guess with the poppin version I don't really walk them, I just work them in the holes and around other Bassy looking cover. I don't work them real fast. My guess is you would probably want to use the standard style for walking them.

Cret what versions did you test for walking, the standard styles or the poppin versions? 

See I always use the poppin frogs for walking. I usually dont use the regular frog unless I am throwing it in really thick cover. Over the top of submerged weeds, timber, and docks I always use the poppin frog. For Spros, I actually think the poppin frog walks better than the regular one. 

I use the standard frogs (non-Popping) as i feel i can always pop a non-popping.  I do like to throw into cover and hit those pockets and open area's ... there is times when walking it really makes a big difference on strikes.  Can't wait for the season!!  i was just experimenting with the frogs and not bass fishing yet.   We will keep in touch and see how ya all are doing with the frogs this summer.  I am intrigued also with the Zoom Horny toad, ready to try those also.

Cret

Have any of you guys tried the Stanley ribbit frogs?  I picked up a couple of packs at my local wally world for a $1 a pack.

On a side note

I saw a video of Jacob Wheeler talking about using a buzzbait and putting a biffle bug on it instead of a skirt, he mentioned that they hit it better and hold on to it a little longer since there is some mass there.  I wonder if a zoom horny toad would work for that as well since the biffle bugs are expensive.

You can pre-order on a Japanese web site ... i almost did but got spooked out with all the Japanese language and had no idea how to translate and know what shipping and price was LOL     i want one but will wait!!!  so many lures and not enough time :)

Chatterbaits are a year-round fish snatcher. Don't fall into the "conventional wisdom" trap that bladed jigs (see also: jerkbaits) are for spring and fall. They are both really good tools the whole year 'round.