Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Ya I don't know do I dare say I almost like it better than deer hunting... Cant sit with him tonight but came up with a game plan wouldn't be surprised if he sticks one tonight  
    • I am still hunting yet Moose. I go to Nebraska in a few weeks. I am archery in mn. starting to see more active birds. Going to wait and shoot a tom. Nice having 4 birds already on the team. How does a guy post pictures right from your cell phone to here so I can post Dillons info on his tom.
    • Went out today in the metro areas without any luck. Didn't even see any ramps in the usual spots, and I thought they were earlier than the morels. 
    • Day 4 Morning   I think we were both tired of trying to call birds across private fences, so we decided to try going for the distant gobbles I heard when I shot my bird.   There was actually a decent gravel road that went into this area and allowed us to have an easy walk into where I felt the birds should be.   We got in early to try to get there ahead of any other hunters, but it didn't seem to matter.   Forest roads were abundant, so walking was easy.  We went right to the spot I had a bird gobble from a few days prior, and waited.     It didn't take long for the flock to start making noise, and we only had to move a little ways to get close to them.   As usual the turkeys all came down and went away from us.  They set up shop on a long ridge and seemed content to just stay there.   We had no easy approach so set up our own position on the forest road we were on which was covered in tracks.   Other birds were gobbling in the distance the opposite way, and when one sounded close we chose to go for him.   Nothing came of that little walk other than the loss of a $65 custom call...  On the plus side we found a nice deer skull.     Back to the flock, one gobbler would respond to a crow call, so we knew they were still up on the hill.  We made a painfully slow walk straight at them since they were high enough up they hopefully wouldn't see us.  When we got to the timber they stopped responding, so we guessed they went over the top.  We worked our way up and found where they had been feeding.  Just shy of the top we set up to call just in case they were over the lip of the hill.     We received an immediate response to some lite hen yelps and clucks.  A hen with the gobbler was not at all pleased that we were there.  We got into a bit of a yelling match with her.  She was coming closer, dragging the gobbler with her.  When I heard drumming I motioned for my uncle to get the gun up since he was still calling.  In a few moments I saw a tail fan cresting the hill.  He angled left, looked around, went behind a tree.  I heard him go into strut and drum...   BANG!           
    • Day 3 Afternoon   We went for a short walk into the area I thought I heard the birds gobble in the distance when I shot my bird.  We couldn't find any birds and were nearly done with our walk when I glassed across a cow pasture and saw birds up in some trees!   I quickly checked the map and found that they were dangerously close to public land.   We made a dash for the car.   The walk in to this spot was pretty short and very close to houses and the farm that had the cows.   We ended up close to the fence and I felt the turkeys we saw should be just below us.   Some whitetail deer spooked and then turkeys started filing past along the fence.  I counted four or five hens, but no gobbler.  We stayed a bit and crow called thinking maybe a flock got busted up.  In the end we just backed out without spooking the hens off. 
    • North Metro Bass Academy Custom Tackle is having a 15% off sale this week 4/23-4/30 on all custom jigs orders.  We are also running 10% off all of our Tungsten Weights .... Flipping, Worm, and Drop Shot.  This will be our last sale before the season opens - so get in on it this week.  Tight Lines!  All of our products are on our web page North Metro Bass Academy   [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] [/URL]
    • I agree.   I have said in the past, i learn to be a better hunter when they aren't easy.  Turkeys seem to become an obsession if you allow yourself to let them get in your blood! Love the chase.
    • ya but its fun! It was nice getting out i am learning alot watching them and being out there gets me more experience since i shot mine this year after being out a total of probably 6 hours for two days
    • Frustrating buggers aren't they!
  • Our Sponsors