Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Ufatz

The Presidents Budget Proposal

29 posts in this topic

Since most people here have, at least, a moderate interest in the health of the habitat around them, I suggest you  get a summary of the budget proposed by the new President. Look particularly at those agencies and divisions that deal with waters and land and management of public lands (you and I own them ya know) to see where we could be headed were such a budget to actually pass and it's proposals be enacted.

i understand most members here are strong supporters of the current resident of the White House and thus may look with suspicion on my suggestion I ask only that you let your conscience be your guide. Do YOU really believe most of these proposals will make this a better country for you, me and your children.

It will not pass of course in it's present form,  but it might give you an idea of where those in charge want to go with your present and future.

Pollution is a myth. Mother nature always cleans herself up

The EPA has been out of control for almost a decade. Of all the things I've wanted the current president to do the most, get rid or neuter the EPA is at the very top. 

Mother nature may try to clean up the pollution but ...do you or your family have a spare

million or two years to wait for the fix?

Ask the Chernobyl residents in Russia. Ask the Japanese after the tsunami.

Check with the families in Flint, Michigan. 

EPA fights the polluters.  That's it: they fight these huge companies because that's

all they have to do.

Try thinking outside your small bubble.

tweed

Nonsense. Everything we put back into the ground originally came out of it. Circle of life so to speak. 

Unless you are ready to drop out of civilization and live off the grid this is what a society requires in order to operate profitably  

2 hours ago, SledNeck said:

The EPA has been out of control for almost a decade. Of all the things I've wanted the current president to do the most, get rid or neuter the EPA is at the very top. 

The 4th branch of government.......

Mike

I guess every wet spot isn't going to be part of the epa jurisdiction after all, or not for a few years...

1 hour ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Everything we put back into the ground originally came out of it.

If you want to take a simplistic view of chemistry.

You should eat some rat poison, it's just carbons, hydrogens and oxygens exactly like table sugar.

3 hours ago, leech river said:

Mother nature may try to clean up the pollution but ...do you or your family have a spare

EPA fights the polluters.  That's it: they fight these huge companies because that's

all they have to do.

tweed

http://www.newsweek.com/epa-causes-massive-colorado-spill-1-million-gallons-mining-waste-turns-river-361019

Ah, Juice reminds me of a lyric from Jefferson Airplane, back in the day....

You say nothing's right but natural things
Ah, you fool
Poison oak is a natural plant
Why don't you put some in your food
Natural food

And it will require record lows of gdp growth to accomplish, right fatz?  Your posts are increasingly laughable, you should consider a career at mslsd.  Typical feel good fluffy lib.

9 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

If you want to take a simplistic view of chemistry.

You should eat some rat poison, it's just carbons, hydrogens and oxygens exactly like table sugar.

The end result would be everything returning to the earth. Where was I wrong?

14 hours ago, leech river said:

all they have to do.

tweed

This EPA? Ouch. Time to see our government for what they really are.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/epa-may-bed-big-pesticide-162536056.html

2 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

The end result would be everything returning to the earth. Where was I wrong?

If we don't clean up our act long term we are screwed, we just can't live for max profits and not think long term or we are playing russian roulette. Darn russians they are everywhere!

There is an equal balance between jobs and environment. The EPA more often than not acts on possible future occurances without any basis in reality. For the last decade it's been their way or the highway. How else do you explain why they want return water to be cleaner than the water drawn out of a source.

Do u think someone without money gives a flyingF about spotted owls or a couple ppm of sulfides in a creek?

Grainbelt likes this

Anyone here ever read the book  Silent Spring by Rachel Carson?

20 hours ago, Ufatz said:

Since most people here have, at least, a moderate interest in the health of the habitat around them, I suggest you  get a summary of the budget proposed by the new President. Look particularly at those agencies and divisions that deal with waters and land and management of public lands (you and I own them ya know) to see where we could be headed were such a budget to actually pass and it's proposals be enacted.

i understand most members here are strong supporters of the current resident of the White House and thus may look with suspicion on my suggestion I ask only that you let your conscience be your guide. Do YOU really believe most of these proposals will make this a better country for you, me and your children.

It will not pass of course in it's present form,  but it might give you an idea of where those in charge want to go with your present and future.

What leads you to believe that these agencies couldn't possibly produce the same results or at least a desirable results with a smaller budget? Do you think there is no waste in Government?

leech~~ likes this

Make Rivers Burn Again

cayuhoga-river-fire.thumb.jpg.2fa01fe1af5dc4102749145633ea7d09.jpg

And to a lesser extent the regulations on coal water he removed earlier are designed to prevent this:

EP-302249980.jpg.c2e34ed957854a5d9ae1ce92d81a5df0.jpg

The EPA is what gives you a chance of fighting the rapid eutrophication of lakes in the area. Most exceed the level of phosphorus they should have. Put away those walleye rods and invest in bass gear, because the environmental changes of late have made most lakes far more supportive of largemouth bass and far less supportive of walleye.

Here is an article the White House linked to explaining their budget. They did so not realizing it is pure satire:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/03/16/trumps-budget-makes-perfect-sense-and-will-fix-america-and-i-will-tell-you-why/?utm_term=.3ebcaee50f1f

The problem with the EPA is that it morphed into an agency that was run by bureaucrats and not actual a dentist's with common sense. Their policies became one size fits all and they lost all ability to look at a situation and assess whether the policy was right or wrong for the project they were overseeing. 

At this point any benefits are being overshadowed by the exorbitant cost increases that compliance adds to projects. 

leech~~ likes this

5 hours ago, Juneau4 said:

Anyone here ever read the book  Silent Spring by Rachel Carson?

Yep.

Whatever happened to saving the rain forest for heavens sake?  Did we save it?  Mission accomplished?  And how about those dakota pipeline d. Bags.  Quite the disaster they left in the name of their crusade.

12 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Whatever happened to saving the rain forest for heavens sake?  Did we save it?  Mission accomplished?  And how about those dakota pipeline d. Bags.  Quite the disaster they left in the name of their crusade.

What does the EPA have to do with the amazon rain forest? Dakota pipeline protester and toxic waste being dumped in lakes and rivers don't even compare.

21 hours ago, Juneau4 said:

What does the EPA have to do with the amazon rain forest? Dakota pipeline protester and toxic waste being dumped in lakes and rivers don't even compare.

Did i say the amazon rain forest?  Either way both are scare tactics libs like yourself use to con other intellectual midgets.

11 hours ago, Cooter said:

Did i say the amazon rain forest?  

On 3/18/2017 at 10:34 PM, Cooter said:

Whatever happened to saving the rain forest for heavens sake?  Did we save it?  Mission accomplished? 

Just curious, what rain forest were you referring to?

If anyone cares to answer this question, I'm all ears...

On 3/18/2017 at 1:45 PM, Big Dave2 said:

What leads you to believe that these agencies couldn't possibly produce the same results or at least a desirable results with a smaller budget? Do you think there is no waste in Government?

PurpleFloyd likes this

This thread is why we will never see any real, but necessary,  cuts in the federal budget. Everyone has their favorite agency or program that, in their view, should never experience one penny in cut backs and will whine and fight to prevent it.

Big Dave2 likes this