Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

leech~~

Ez Ducer?

10 posts in this topic

Good god can we get any more lazy? I can see this for a cam cable, but 2 feet of ducer cable! :crazy:

 

Reg. $179.99 Comes with 2 remotes.

By the time I dug the remote out of my coat I would be at the next hole by then, if I didn't drop the dang thing down the hole! :lol:

 

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=BUSNtmvwEXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could buy two good used flashers for that price! Coolest thing ever yet the dumbest thing I've ever seen!:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up for one of these!  I prefer to think of myself as more practical than lazy.  Even if its a slow day and you only catch 100 fish that dang cord is constantly getting the line wrapped around it and it drives me nuts.  The other thing that drives me nuts is dealing with all the extra dangling cord when hole hopping or packing to move from 1 area to the next. Especially on 30" of ice all that extra cord has a mind of its own.

 

It's not practical to drill 2 holes for every hole you fish when the ice is thick and you are already drilling 100+ holes in a day.

 

Call me lazy if you want but this looks like a great solution for those of us who move around constantly and catch a lot of fish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you set your ducer to the right height you don't have nearly the trouble if it's hanging down below the ice too much... I don't think they'll sell many of those. 

leech~~ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fall for just about every new gimmick but I didn't fall for Color C Lector and I aint fallin for this overpriced toy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna see what happens when your out hole hopping in the extreme cold and the water on the spool becomes a block of ice haha.

gunner55 and leech~~ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 10:30 PM, Mad Mulcher said:

Sign me up for one of these!  I prefer to think of myself as more practical than lazy.  Even if its a slow day and you only catch 100 fish that dang cord is constantly getting the line wrapped around it and it drives me nuts.  The other thing that drives me nuts is dealing with all the extra dangling cord when hole hopping or packing to move from 1 area to the next. Especially on 30" of ice all that extra cord has a mind of its own.

 

It's not practical to drill 2 holes for every hole you fish when the ice is thick and you are already drilling 100+ holes in a day.

 

Call me lazy if you want but this looks like a great solution for those of us who move around constantly and catch a lot of fish.  

 

I've never understood when people say this.  Is it possible, absolutely, but for an 8 hour day, with no breaks, you are starting a hole every 4.8 minutes.  So with drill time and getting your line in the water you are fishing each hole for under 4 minutes on average and this is assuming there is no time spent moving around.

leech~~ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nxtgeneration said:

 

I've never understood when people say this.  Is it possible, absolutely, but for an 8 hour day, with no breaks, you are starting a hole every 4.8 minutes.  So with drill time and getting your line in the water you are fishing each hole for under 4 minutes on average and this is assuming there is no time spent moving around.

Here is how the math works out on the 100 holes per day.  First off, not every hole gets fished.  Secondly, I am not just drilling holes for myself.  When I am with my kids or an older person or fishing partners who don't understand where the holes need to located on a particular area I might drill all the holes for 4 people to hole hop.  Thirdly, ice thickness plays a roll.  I will drill many more holes in a day on 16" of ice than 30".  I know this may be hard for some to understand but some people really truly actually will drill 100 holes in a day. 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, DLD24 said:

I wanna see what happens when your out hole hopping in the extreme cold and the water on the spool becomes a block of ice haha.

I am a very crafty ice fisherman who has adapted to extreme cold weather by using a portable "flip over" shelter and propane heater to keep myself warm and my equipment from icing up.  Yes, even when hole hopping.  That's why they call it a portable.  Haha.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have seen more useless products succeed, but I can't see a practical use for this thing. I do agree with the icing aspect as well as the battery life. U better have a option to free spool this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Posts

    • Thanks for the link.
    •   Well Friday, Saturday, and Sunday have all come and gone. And nothing came, because your link is Zero Hedge.     I just took that straight from Wikipedia. It's amazing home much those last few words just keep showing up.
    • http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/   This is what you are looking for.
    •   Sounds like the House of Reps. who pulled their AHCA (Ryan/Trump  Care) so when their fellow Rep. voted it down every one would know who was against or for it. Now none of them have to explain how they voted, the same as how some on here weasel out of explaining their statements, by reverting to name calling.
    • caught my first fish with a lamprey on it and also got a 35 inch pike on a salamander. 
         
    •   Bafflegab! Hot darn! I like that! Is that like my psychobabble, aka Mayospeak , or to quote Thurber, Pussgrapple or even Cussgravy? I haveta remember that!  "Bafflegab found in this one"?! Go look on the health thread, where yer buddy juicedup gets yammering away at you! ! Now THERE's some  real balderdash and twaddle! Yes, some good, informative threads used to exist here! Once in awhile, you can even run across one! Gotta look hard! 
    • The bite was on last week. With 4 guys we caught over 700 fish in 3.5 days.  And I don't care if anyone believes me or not.  Actually 700 is probably a conservative estimate because we had to have averaged at least 50 fish per person per day and it was probably much more than that.  Yes some of them were 10" saugers but there were many 16 to 20"+ walleye and the crappie size was the nicest I've seen in 4 years with no keepers under 12" and several 13-14" with 2 at 15.25".  All of the pavement pounding and scouting this winter and last week really paid off on this trip!  This is the most hardcore group of guys I fish with and they really know how to put the smackdown on these fish.   
    •   If you guys need fishing advice just ask. I've never had a problem sharing. 
    • Any time I have ever tried that it creates havoc with the sonar until it floats back up the hole and is removed but if anyone has a fix for this let me know.
  • Our Sponsors