• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My first and last ride of the season

Walleyehooker

Was on the slow side partly due to we didn't want to travel to far on glare ice and melt the hyfax off. But we did find a good spot yesterday and caught a couple limits of nice walleyes in a short time. Caught enough to eat fish all 3 days we were there and each brought a limit of walleyes home. Now I have to shop for some ice scratchers.

IMG_1365.JPG

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Well the batteries out, gas drained and under a tarp for the summer. We better not have a blizzard up on the shore in the next month or I'm blaming you hooker!!  :angry:  :lol:

QUITTER!!! :P

Heck, I'm just getting ready to head west for the 1st time this year! if it's good, I reserve the right to go back! :D

Todays daily pic ......

abunancecabin.jpg

40 minutes ago, MN Mike said:

Heck, I'm just getting ready to head west for the 1st time this year! if it's good, I reserve the right to go back! :D

Todays daily pic ......

abunancecabin.jpg

BITE US! Mike :angry:

well my sled all but almost put away for the year. took it to the car wash today, most gas has been removed, ran the stabile through the gas lines, and put it in its storage spot. only thing still needed to be done is fog the cylinders and tape up the exhaust to keep the little critters out.

1 hour ago, MN Mike said:

Todays daily pic ......

abunancecabin.jpg

hey mike, one of the stipulations about buying my old pontoon was you had to include me in any great snowmobiling adventures.:D

1 hour ago, knoppers said:

hey mike, one of the stipulations about buying my old pontoon was you had to include me in any great snowmobiling adventures.:D

Just watch a few crazies in the mountains on the Utube first and ask yourself if you heart can hold up to digging your sled out of drifts all day! :crazy:  :lol:

On 3/17/2017 at 7:27 PM, knoppers said:

HMMM.... I don't own a pontoon BUT.... if a person wants to line up some guys to head west sometime..... I'M READY!!!!

On 3/17/2017 at 7:06 PM, leech~~ said:

BITE US! Mike :angry:

Leech sounds a little cranky!! :D  must not have gotten enough miles on the sled this year and YOU'RE the retired one!!!! :P

I didn't get squat for miles on my sleds this year either, 90% of my riding was to the fish house and back but we'll be changing that SOON!

14 minutes ago, MN Mike said:

HMMM.... I don't own a pontoon BUT.... if a person wants to line up some guys to head west sometime..... I'M READY!!!!

Leech sounds a little cranky!! :D  must not have gotten enough miles on the sled this year and YOU'RE the retired one!!!! :P

I didn't get squat for miles on my sleds this year either, 90% of my riding was to the fish house and back but we'll be changing that SOON!

Nope not retired yet and the way it's going, I may be handing you a buggy at WalMart someday!  Bahaha.  :lol:

Yep, I put on about 10 miles total this year out ice fishing! :(

Well next year when you post there is enough snow I will be on the road headed that way. I should have went before I went to California for 2 weeks this year but I thought the snow would last and I was waiting for my new trailer to come in. Next year I wont have any excuses.

Odd thing happened when I was up on LOW with the sled. My first ride out on the ice I went about a mile or so and it started to smell warm or hyfax heating up. I was going slow like 10-20 MPH due to absolutely no snow on the lake. So I shut it off and overheating message and buzzer went off. So I opened up the side cover to check the fluid and get some air to it. At that point the bars on the heat gauge were maxed out. Only a few minutes later I started it up to check gauge and it was down to 3-4 bars which is normal. And never had a problem after that the next 2 days. My guess is the thermostat must have been stuck and then released to cool down that fast.

On 3/19/2017 at 8:13 AM, Walleyehooker said:

Odd thing happened when I was up on LOW with the sled. My first ride out on the ice I went about a mile or so and it started to smell warm or hyfax heating up. I was going slow like 10-20 MPH due to absolutely no snow on the lake. So I shut it off and overheating message and buzzer went off. So I opened up the side cover to check the fluid and get some air to it. At that point the bars on the heat gauge were maxed out. Only a few minutes later I started it up to check gauge and it was down to 3-4 bars which is normal. And never had a problem after that the next 2 days. My guess is the thermostat must have been stuck and then released to cool down that fast.

My first thought was stuck thermostat as well. Pretty new sled not to have good antifreeze in it? 

I'm guessing it was a combination of a little sticky thermostat from sitting so long and warming up quickly with no snow to cool things. But didn't have any problem after that and didn't even come close to over heating even after riding farther. I also idled it in garage several time before that till it auto shut off and it never over heated. Its programmed to run for like 5 minutes or so and auto shuts down. I'm going to have to look in manual if it shuts down before over heating. I did get a over heat message and alarm on gauges after I shut it off. Ill just keep an eye on it next time or should I say next year.