• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris might have done it right

randerson

I have always gone with a Fan cooled motor for early and late season ice fishing because of the lack of snow for cooling Liq, motors. With a radiator with fan this may do well for ice fishing. One of the issues with Fan motors so far is they have not made any real large cc size motors in them. This could be the ticket for that for pulling larger houses or one of the Ski Doo 4 cycles.

Glad to see Polaris getting with the times and giving us more utility sled options.  Skidoo has been making basically the exact same thing for over 7 years already.  Including a radiator.

https://www.ski-doo.com/content/dam/ski-doo/Global/MY2017/Documents/Previous-model-years/2011/Spec_EXPEDITIONSE.pdf

31 minutes ago, Mad Mulcher said:

Glad to see Polaris getting with the times and giving us more utility sled options.  Skidoo has been making basically the exact same thing for over 7 years already.  Including a radiator.

https://www.ski-doo.com/content/dam/ski-doo/Global/MY2017/Documents/Previous-model-years/2011/Spec_EXPEDITIONSE.pdf

Arctic Cat has been making the BearCat for a while now as well and have upped their motor options on it with a 1000 4 stroke.

3 hours ago, randerson said:

Yay but both the skidoo and bearcat are not as sporty as the Polaris and are much more utility than anything else. 

Respectfully couldn't disagree more about a Polaris being any more or less sporty than a Skidoo.  It all depends which models you are comparing head to head.  The Titan Adventure is feature for feature almost a carbon copy of the Expedition LE that Skidoo has made for years.  And the fact that the Titan has an 800 is a detriment IMO because its not the style of machine that will be typically ridden in a manner that will take advantage of the extra horsepower over a 600 and just reduces fuel economy unnecessarily.  The Titan XC 155 and the Expedition Extreme 800 are pretty much the same thing and both are as "sporty" as each other.    

2 hours ago, randerson said:

Wow that expedition extreme does look good funny never heard about it before 

Looks like it has a few motor options and lower prices as well. I know there are two guys on HSO that have the 900 Ace maybe they will chime in here sometime to give their thoughts on them? I got to drive one of them and was pretty surprised at the quick response of the 4 stroke. I thought it was going to react like a lawn tractor! :lol:

NameYearMSRP

Ski Doo Expedition Sport 600 ACE 2017 $9,849.00

Ski Doo Expedition Sport 900 ACE 2017 $11,049.00

Ski Doo Expedition LE 600 HO ETEC 2017 $12,449.00

Ski Doo Expedition LE 900 ACE 2017 $12,099.00

Edited by leech~~

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, randerson said:

I think it will appeal to the guy that wants to icefish (tows 1200# has hi/low range) and still ride a little trail or off trail that's just MSRP only thing you pay that on is Woman and Booze !

18 minutes ago, randerson said:

New expedition extreme 800 is over 14000 msrp

Lol.