• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Derrick Rose for Rubio?

pikestabber

The other "hot" rumor is Shumpert from the Cavs. I'd be on board with this (at least more so than the Rose idea), but I don't see it as a massive upgrade by any means. Rubio is going one way or the other by the sound of things.

Edited by pikestabber

What seems a bit strange to me is that all of the trade rumors involve getting rid of one PG to land another PG. I haven't really taken a look at who might be available in a trade, but am I the only one that seems to think Dunn and Tyus can handle the PG duties for the foreseeable future?  Obviously there will be growing pains, but it's not like we're on the verge of something big this season.

Seems like we could use some help at PF and SG more than the PG position.

21 hours ago, rundrave said:

I am all for getting rid of Rubio but you cant trade him just for the sake of trading him. Rose will bring a lot of garbage a young twolves team doesnt need. Plus he couldn't break through a wet paper bag with out getting injured.

Granted Rubio has had his share of injuries, but did not Rose miss almost a season and a half with knee issues, and hasn't he had other issues this season?

Rose would be a rental player.  He's a free agent at the end of the year so they would essentially be trading Rubio for Rose's expiring contract.  With 2 young PG's on the roster that they want to get more playing time I don't see them investing long term in Rose by resigning him, and for sure not at the price tag he's sure to demand. 

I'm not sure what the Wolves financial situation is going into next off season and how desperate they are to free up some money.  

If we trade Rubio it would be nice to get a useful part either in a player or a draft pick and not just an expiring contract. 

Any combo of Dunn/Jones is not something you can build a contender around. Either could eventually become a decent backup; neither looks to be leadership/starter material. I would have no problem with trading Rubio for another PG, as long as it is the right dude. 

Much like Rubio, Rose just isn't worth the salary he will command. 

1 hour ago, Getanet said:

Well the trade deadline was a dud. Lots of talk and no action, like this snowstorm that was supposed to bury most of the state.

Considering the names they were throwing around, I think it's a good thing nothing happened. Now to push for that 8 seed...