• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Holy crapp. Batten down the hatches!

leech~~

5 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_MacDonald

Really hope his forecast is wrong especially for Sioux Falls area but so far looking like hes going to be right.

Oh he has one for Iowa and Wisconsin as well on the tube! Glad he is on the job! :)

Winter Storm Watch

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service La Crosse WI 349 AM CST Wed Feb 22 2017 ...Winter Storm Moves In Thursday Night... .Snow...rain...and wind will accompany a winter storm slated to drive across the region Thursday night through Friday night. The precipitation will start out as rain Thursday evening... transitioning to snow or a rain-snow mix later Thursday night, continuing through Friday. Snow is expected Friday night. A brief period of freezing drizzle also possible late Thursday night into Friday morning. Current indications would bring 4 to 8 inches...locally higher...to locations along and north of an Austin to Winona Minnesota...to Black River Falls Wisconsin line. Light icing possible if freezing drizzle develops. Winds become strong and gusty Friday night. Blowing and drifting snow could become a concern in open and unsheltered areas. While confidence is high that this storm will produce significant amounts of snow, where that ultimately falls is not certain. A small shift in the storm track will have large impacts on what falls where, and how much.

3 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Oh he has one for Iowa and Wisconsin as well on the tube! Glad he is on the job! :)

I thought he might BE from Iowa....:grin:

26 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Winter Storm Watch

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service La Crosse WI 349 AM CST Wed Feb 22 2017 ...Winter Storm Moves In Thursday Night... .Snow...rain...and wind will accompany a winter storm slated to drive across the region Thursday night through Friday night. The precipitation will start out as rain Thursday evening... transitioning to snow or a rain-snow mix later Thursday night, continuing through Friday. Snow is expected Friday night. A brief period of freezing drizzle also possible late Thursday night into Friday morning. Current indications would bring 4 to 8 inches...locally higher...to locations along and north of an Austin to Winona Minnesota...to Black River Falls Wisconsin line. Light icing possible if freezing drizzle develops. Winds become strong and gusty Friday night. Blowing and drifting snow could become a concern in open and unsheltered areas. While confidence is high that this storm will produce significant amounts of snow, where that ultimately falls is not certain. A small shift in the storm track will have large impacts on what falls where, and how much.

Yeah., just not the same as Frankie. Try typing in all CAP'S! :lol:

40 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I have enough venny and a few Walleye stacked up. See you in a few weeks when it all melts! :lol:

Maybe phone service and internet will be down. Yes! Living off grid. I like it.:D

Can we even call it "winter" anymore? I mean seriously where's the days when getting a foot plus of snow wasent uncommon. A lot of people like these warm snowless winters. I hate it! Thanks globle warming!:(

2 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

Yeah a snow day!!:grin: Maybe be trapped at home for a few days! I better stock up.

There's a blessing on the ground. 

It's coming down. 

It's coming down
Snow pains on the motor veinsSnow Days
Keeps your business on the ground
It's coming down
Slow day for the teacher
And her wheels are spinning now
On account of winter, Mrs. Braintree
All the roads are closed
And the stores are loot for vagabonds
It's coming down
Go home!

It's coming down
Snow lays on the chainfields
There's a blessing on the ground
It's coming down
If your lanes are crammed with children
There's a blessing on your town
On a lucky Monday, Mrs. Braintree
All your lanes are waxen silver
It's coming down
Go home! Go home and take a snow day, Mrs. Braintree!

Mrs. Braintree, you're a chilly northern woman
Go home from yonder bus stop
Because there's a blessing on the ground
Mrs. Braintree, it is written
When the snows come over Dixie
All the roads are closed and the stores are loot for vagabonds.

It's coming down
Snow lays on the chainfields
There's a blessing on the ground
It's coming down
If your road's patrolled by children
There's no order to be found
On account of winter, Mrs. Braintree
All the roads are closed
It's coming down
Go home!

I think Reb lives next door to Mrs Braintree.  She's a chilly northern woman.

Edited by delcecchi

You best get to finishing my mittens. Looks like I'll need them Friday. Meanwhile, I'll go next door and explain about how many inches are coming....;)

KRPR (89.9, rock me, Shari) says 2-4" of snow with maybe 1-2" more on Sat.  

KRCH (101.7, dopeville) just said  , and I kid you not,  "8-10'', with possibly more"....

Amazing, the differences you get...

28 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

You best get to finishing my mittens. Looks like I'll need them Friday. Meanwhile, I'll go next door and explain about how many inches are coming....;)

KRPR (89.9, rock me, Shari) says 2-4" of snow with maybe 1-2" more on Sat.

KRCH (101.7, dopeville) just said  , and I kid you not,  "8-10'', with possibly more"....

Amazing, the differences you get...

Wait. Your going to go tell the lady next store how many "inches" she can expect?

Doesn't that take away from some of the mystery of finding out herself?  Lol

Edited by leech~~

7 hours ago, RebelSS said:

This is all yer fault, with yer "snow on the robin's tail"  krap!!!! :mad:

Why thanky!!:grin:

7 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I have enough venny and a few Walleye stacked up. See you in a few weeks when it all melts! :lol:

No beer???:grin: or tinture?

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

No beer???:grin: or tinture?

Actually, I have a case of 17 Beers left that I bought to the GTG last weekend still. Someone drank one! Since I'm not a big Beer guy I have been going over all the things I can make with beer. Beer Cheese soup, beard, fish batter, boil some wild rice venny brats in beer? Or just give it to one of my buddies?

Edited by leech~~

13 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Actually, I have a case of 17 Beers left that I bought to the GTG last weekend still. Someone drank one! Since I'm not a big Beer guy I have been going over all the things I can make with beer. Beer Cheese soup, beard, fish batter, boil some wild rice venny brats in beer? Or just give it to one of my buddies?

Hey buddy!!:grin: