Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick

Wisconsin Fishing Reports & Outdoor Report for February 16, 2017

1 post in this topic

Warm weather has swung back around, putting winter back on its heels and bringing changes to the outdoors. Snowmobile trails now only remain open in about a dozen of the most northern counties, but are still being reported as fair to good on the Wisconsin Department of Tourism's Snow Conditions Report (exit DNR). Cross-country ski trails in northern parks and forests were also in good condition this week but are now closed on many central and southern properties. With much warmer weather and some rain in the forecast this weekend and early next week conditions could deteriorate rapidly.Open water fishermen were seen this week on the Menominee River below the Hattie Street Dam trying for walleye and whitefish. A few open water anglers were casting spoons on the Fox River at Voyageur Park but success has been slow.On Green Bay, perch and whitefish were being caught in good numbers at Long Tail and Little Tail points, where a few walleye were also being caught. Along Door County, anglers were out in droves again this weekend around the Little Sturgeon and Sherwood areas, with most reporting a good bite for whitefish. Those fishing for perch had decent action in Sawyer Harbor. The shipping channel remains open from the bay shipyard to the lake.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Honestly I'd rather just face the Hawks whenever we get our shot, we are either good enough or we are not. This the first year we have been better than them for the entire season, I say bring em on. I don't want to trade anyone away right now, havingn a guy like Scandella on the bottom pair makes us that much better. Throw some picks at a rental and keep our depth, no reason to make any drastic moves. We should be warry of San Jose too, they have a very solid team and made the trip last year but everyone else should be beatable if we play like we can and don't run into a hot goalie.
    • Pope suggests it's better to be an atheist than a bad Christian. CNN   Count me among those saying, "I don't share your beliefs, but you're one awesome pope. Keep on rocking."    

• What is more likely, that your half of the media, gov & courts are honest and trustworthy and the other half is trying to destroy the world. Or that both sides are playing the public to enrich & empower themselves via a broken and corrupt system. Picking a side in this mess is playing the game by their rules. Your basic salami tactics to control the masses.
    •     Both from the same news outlet.
    •   Then why are you asking me this question?     Isn't that the way it's done now that we are in the Trump era?
    • Sounds like there is still some good snow up the Gunflint. I sent an email to Bearskin lodge about their web cam not working and got a reply.   "That's correct. The repaired webcam has broken again, unfortunately, so only the same picture gets sent.  It is fairly inaccessible because of deep snow, but someone will be going out soon to take it down so we can get it fixed again.  It will probably have to be put up in a new place, which will disappoint people who have been keeping running snaps of the photos to make video.   For what it's worth, it looks exactly the same now as it did when that picture was taken.  Winter tends to look the same everyday here."   Sue Bearskin Lodge   -----Original Message----- From: Steve A Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:10 AM To: stay@bearskin.com Subject: From the Bearskin Contact Form   From: Steve A Zip: 55429   Message Body: Whats up with your web cam? It's had the same picture for a month. There are a lot of us snowmobilers who watch your cam to know if there is any snow left up there and if we should come up sledding or not. Can you check to see if it's working?  Thanks.  
    • Any combo of Dunn/Jones is not something you can build a contender around. Either could eventually become a decent backup; neither looks to be leadership/starter material. I would have no problem with trading Rubio for another PG, as long as it is the right dude. 

Much like Rubio, Rose just isn't worth the salary he will command. 
    • Anyone who took Brett Hite is a happy camper! Wayyyy too early yet to get too excited or too worried. Bobby Lane stuck an 8+, and his total weight is 17 and change, so he could vault up is he makes a couple of good culls.
  • Our Sponsors