• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cover for winter trailering, diamond chains for ice

Cruizin for Fish

Fellas - Do you feel it's worth covering your ATV with a trailering cover (say a Dowco heavy duty trailering cover) for our high salt roads, or does potential machine damage outweigh the need?  Typically trailering 200-300 miles per trip, 4 trips per winter.

Secondly - Diamond shape studded chains or diamond shape not studded chains for pulling 750 lb house during low snow conditions on the ice? 

I've got a Dowco cover that is over ten years old.  I use it all the time when trailering.  I have no noticeable damage due to the cover as it ties down nicely and the flapping prone spots have tighteners that take-up the loose canvas material.  

And i have chains with the ice/hard-snow studs.  These increase traction by a lot.  I stopped using them since they tear up the sidewalk and driveway when plowing snow.  I do not use my wheeler for pulling a house, yet.