• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brookings area

fished east oakwood yesterday and it was the dead sea. I had never fished there before so thought I would check it out. Fished from 1pm to 10pm and only caught one dink walleye at about 8:30pm. Moved around all day until just before dark and got settled on some bumps off a point in the SE end of the lake. Didnt mark or see anything on the camera the entire day. Lots of guys coming and going on the far north end but I didnt want to fish among the noise especially in such a shallow lake.

anyone else make it out in the brookings area since friday? I am just curious as to how the ice is holding up after the rain on Saturday and warm weather today? After a week of warm temps think ice will still be safe for atv's later this week yet?

I had made plans to take tomorrow off and spend the night on the ice tonight with my kids since they don't have school tomorrow. Doesn't look like that's going to be an option any more. I have done some pretty creative things to get on and off the ice before but not going to do that with 2 6 year olds.

What a terrible year for ice fishing. Only blessing is that it will keep some pressure off some of the lakes. Might have to play bumper boats at the river but I am really hoping for a cold snap to firm up the shorelines instead.