• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant fest in Mnpls Feb 17-19

Spent about 4hrs there today with my family and had a great time. My twin 6yr olds had a blast and came home with lots of freebies.

im not a wine and dine hunting lodge guy so many booths didn't appeal to me. But lots of good dog stuff and conservation talk.

i pet and scratched more dogs behind the  ear today than I have in my entire life. Looking forward to Sioux Falls hosting it next year.

The wife and I went on Sunday also. Like Rundrave, a lot of the lodge booths didn't really appeal to me but we talked to quite a few dog people there, maybe learned a few things. Funny how two people that would have nothing in common can talk like old friends for 20 minutes about a dog.Realized that a lot of the game farms are WAY more expensive than the one I'm a member at.  Over all I would say it was worth it.

On 2/19/2017 at 4:55 PM, monstermoose78 said:

Was it worth it

I got to talk, see, feel and hold guns,  talk and pet dogs and hunting for sure it was worth it. they had buy one get one tickets prior to Thursday so 2 people could get in for $10. Yesterday was family day and your entire family could get in free if you signed up for an annual membership which was $35.

12 hours ago, SwivelDigger said:

The wife and I went on Sunday also. Like Rundrave, a lot of the lodge booths didn't really appeal to me but we talked to quite a few dog people there, maybe learned a few things. Funny how two people that would have nothing in common can talk like old friends for 20 minutes about a dog.Realized that a lot of the game farms are WAY more expensive than the one I'm a member at.  Over all I would say it was worth it.

Look for place take my dog for pheasants at game farm

15 hours ago, rundrave said:

I got to talk, see, feel and hold guns,  talk and pet dogs and hunting for sure it was worth it. they had buy one get one tickets prior to Thursday so 2 people could get in for $10. Yesterday was family day and your entire family could get in free if you signed up for an annual membership which was $35.

I wish I had known this! I brought my 3 boys on Sunday. It was $30 for us to get in. I surely would have done the $35 for the membership, but the woman never said anything about it.

It was a good time! Lots of activities for the kids, lots of dogs, some very interesting/rare breeds that I had never heard of or at least ever seen before. There was one breed "Deutsch" something or other and I got to chatting to the guy about it. I said, "sure looks like a GSP". He claimed that breed was the "original" German Shorthair. I oldest being a wise acre, asked me if there were a "long haired" pointer since we have a shorthaired pointer. I told him at the time I had no idea. Guess what? They had one there! Beautiful dog.

I, too, could do without all the lodge stuff. Man, those packages are pricey. I would never do something like that I don't think.