Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Hoyt4

2017 Spring

17 posts in this topic

It's getting close to the best time of the year. I'm getting gear ready for this spring this weekend, I broke one pole on a blind during Muzzy season so that is being packed up and sent in. Going to A-1 to get an order of arrows in then I should be ready for my archery hunt. Hoping to get a new shotgun before I get out with the smoke pole. Head to NE first, SD , MN if I get drawn for season A, WI(C)and then 2nd trip season E for WI.

All my calls are ready do have to pick up one box of shells and that should be it. :)

Ice fishing holding me over until I get to hear that gobble

ANYFISH2 likes this

I've been thinking about it real hard that's for sure. I picked up new arrows at Cabin Fever yesterday and fired off quite a few. First 3d shoot of the year is in 10 days. 

I need to double check gear, but I know my blind was solid and I'm still cutting through the box of shells I bought two years ago. A box of ten sure lasts a while when the birds are within 20yds. 

Spring plans currently include NE for sure. Nothing else is set. I am trying to plan a hunt for my sister and daughter (same age, 14) for here in MN. I've also been geeking out on Kansas as well as maybe a trip to Black Hills, SD. Not sure on plans for myself in MN, but I'll be sure to give it a go.  

On 2/8/2017 at 4:56 AM, Powerstroke said:

Spring plans currently include NE for sure. Nothing else is set. I am trying to plan a hunt for my sister and daughter (same age, 14) for here in MN. I've also been geeking out on Kansas as well as maybe a trip to Black Hills, SD. Not sure on plans for myself in MN, but I'll be sure to give it a go.  

I've been toying with the idea of SD, NE or KS myself.  You know how to reach me.  ;)

Powerstroke likes this

I have two nephews bugging me if it is turkey season yet! So we went and looked some more decoys calls and guns

Bobby Bass likes this

Lottery results are out. Looks like ill be hitting the woods April 12th. Was thinking about archery but I have plans on fishing the cabela's walleye tourney the 28 & 29 of April. Waiting for Borch to get the sign up going for this spring. Can't come soon enough, it been a long winter.

Edited by featherslayer 1
Some how it was doubled
monstermoose78 and Wallydog like this

Birds have been on them move. Still some ice fishing to get through but the hunts are coming up fast.

monstermoose78 likes this

I pulled the trigger on a new gun.  Sale + rebate + coupon = good deal.   I've been considering it for about three years now...    I am planning three trips currently to MN, SD and WI to hunt a new area with my youngest brother since he moved out that way.  

Good luck Cheetah break that bad boy in this spring

Just bought my main tag for WI yesterday and my surplus . Just got back from a quick scouting trip and shed hunting to NE this last weekend. Birds already breaking up down there was way ahead from years past. Seen gobblers out and about by them selves no other birds around was strange but very good for us coming up on our hunt.

How do the over the counter licenses work this year? I missed last season but would like to get out this year even though I didn't apply for the lottery.

Go to a license agent and buy one for your desired season.

Season C, is on process thru May 2nd.

Season D, is May 3rd thru May 9th.

Season E, is May 10th thru May 16th.

Season F, is May 17th thru May 31st.

Season F also allows anyone with an unused tag from earlier season to hunt this period as well.

Hope this help PF.

16 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

How do the over the counter licenses work this year? I missed last season but would like to get out this year even though I didn't apply for the lottery.

Anyfish is correct,I will add you can buy a archery tag and hunt the entire rest of the season in any turkey zone. 

ANYFISH2 likes this

24 minutes ago, Archerysniper said:

Anyfish is correct,I will add you can buy a archery tag and hunt the entire rest of the season in any turkey zone. 

If I understand correctly this only for bows. I have a crossbow and from what I understand it is considered a firearm. Is that the case? My son has a bow and has the archery tag.

Correct bow only or like MM said have a permit to use the crossbow.

Can't wait to be back in the woods this weekend. Good luck to everyone still hunting.

PurpleFloyd likes this