• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unique Super Bowl Food?

5 minutes ago, smurfy said:

nope haven't heard anything. I few houses out. personally I wouldn't drive out, hearing 12 to 15 inches.there are vehicles going out but just as many parking on shore!!!!!!! my ice fishing is over with. had  back surgery this past wed.

Sorry to hear about the back surgery. I had some work done a month or so ago and I'm laying low as well. Good luck with the recovery.

Just for reference, Umami is sometimes referred to as the "fifth flavor" (no reb, it doesn't have anything to do with a 750 ml bottle).  It is the "savory" aspect.  Other four flavors are sweet,  sour, bitter, and salty.

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Sorry to hear about the back surgery. I had some work done a month or so ago and I'm laying low as well. Good luck with the recovery.

Ah, poo, that was no more than a hangnail!! :grin:

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

Just for reference, Umami is sometimes referred to as the "fifth flavor" (no reb, it doesn't have anything to do with a 750 ml bottle).  It is the "savory" aspect.  Other four flavors are sweet,  sour, bitter, and salty.

Well phooey!  That's no good! 

I know a few things that are "savory".....in fact, she

OOPS!!! Better watch it, strange things going on around here lately..yer post may just suddenly dis 

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Thanks, wasn't a real serious surgery but 6weeks of wieght restrictions!

14 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Of course.   He's union, and that's what they do..

bite me del!!!!!!!!!:P:grin: not a chance..totally bored already, and contrary to your belief I am working from home for now and I have 8 shops I am soley responsible for. so milking this out has never been an option. I just need to stay within my weight restrictions and docs orders!!!!! unlike you I cant pass my responsibilities onto someone else!!!!!!

14 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

And I'm sure your gonna milk that out!!!:lol:

NOPE!!!! cant..........even when I had my heartbypass I was answering phone calls etc......day after I got home.

I often hear guys talking about work comp injuries etc and having time off, which I never understood. if your off work because of a medical condition there is a good chance you wont be able to do things as if you were 100% healthy!!!!! besides I need to stay busy!!!!!!! doing something.

58 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Union thugs don't do heavy lifting anyway. :D

done paid my dues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: why do you think my back needed to be retuned!!!!!!!!!:P

54 minutes ago, Todd Caswell said:

16508660_1339470482758535_1032486245619287027_n.jpg

chicken paws?????????? tell me more!!!!!!!!!!!

OLE del calls it milking it. us union guys call it following doc's orders and staying within there restrictions. over exceeding medical restrictions has severe implications..........like losing your job!!!!!!!

anyways back to super bowl grub. hot wings are thawing and little smokies and meatballa are getting ready for  bbq BATH!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, smurfy said:

done paid my dues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: why do you think my back needed to be retuned!!!!!!!!!:P

Chicken feet are Chinese delicacy.  I have had them and they are good, but sort of boney.  

I can't foist off my work responsibilities ... because I am retired and don't have any.  :lol:

Started a little early. 5 of us just demolished about 30 pheasant poppers. Up in a few minutes are hot wings and spicy garlic wings. Then the wife has homemade potato skins and a pheasant/ wild rice hot dish. For dessert is a blueberry cobbler. And of course cocktails with all

Looks like I'm having roast beef slices on onion/poppy seed ciabatta rolls....mashed taters with home-made gravy....smoky peach salsa with blue corn natural tortilla rounds...chocolate eclairs...and iced tea. :)

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

When I was a kid, my folks raised hundreds of chickens each year and we butchered them and sold them to locals. Some of our older customers used to insist we save the chicken feet also. I think they mostly make soup with them but I'm sure there's more you could possibly do to them.

1 minute ago, RebelSS said:

Looks like I'm having roast beef slices on onion/poppy seed ciabatta rolls....mashed taters with home-made gravy....smoky peach salsa with blue corn natural tortilla rounds...chocolate eclairs...and iced tea. :)

That all sounds good, especially the iced tea!

12 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

The whole thread sounds perfect, can't go wrong any of it . Although I can't say I've tried chicken toes... Ribs are almost done ( rebals secret rib rub) and the house smells heavenly with the cabbage casserole. 

sounds to me like a whole lotta sculpting next week!!!!!!!:P:grin: good thing I can swim faster then sharks!!!!!;)

31 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

When I was a kid, my folks raised hundreds of chickens each year and we butchered them and sold them to locals. Some of our older customers used to insist we save the chicken feet also. I think they mostly make soup with them but I'm sure there's more you could possibly do to them.

Drink gallons of it year round. In fact, just picked up 2 more jugs today!

40 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm sure yer buddy Delbert Q. Fosdick will come up with an ancient oriental recipe for them, from the cave of a magi deep under the Yangtze river, using fermented panda poo. Rich in minerals.

Drink gallons of it year round. In fact, just picked up 2 more jugs today!