• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unique Super Bowl Food?

17 minutes ago, Ice Shack Baby said:

A very unique way to prepare meat is Lomo al Trapo. You will have many guests puzzled and asking questions when you prepare this. It is very very good...

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/08/lomo-al-trapo-colombian-beef-tenderloin-towel-wrapped-salt-crust.html

A big hunk of tenderloin might be a little spendy for a superbowl party, at least for me.   Still, an interesting recipe, like the ones for fish in a pile of salt.    

Yes you are correct, it is not cheap.

The key to this is using a meat that does not have a lot of fat content. Pork tenderloins work as well. I would like to try veni back straps at some time too.

Also either use dry or fresh spices for flavoring. I have tried to use a marinade and it was not very successful.

12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Romans made something called "garum"  Same deal.  

So put some on your pasta or pizza....

Fish sauce high in glutamates, and enhances the umami of dishes.   

I may live a sheltered life but wowzer this thread went from unique super bowl foods to something outta the twilight zone!!!!!!!:crazy::cry::confused:

24 minutes ago, smurfy said:

I may live a sheltered life but wowzer this thread went from unique super bowl foods to something outta the twilight zone!!!!!!!:crazy::cry::confused:

"the umami of dishes".   

Celestial seasonings! Ungowa! I just don't know where  "yo mammy" fits into it. ..must mean the Mother of all dishes...:tired:

The easy stuff is fun....and gets eaten first, I think. I also like baby BBQs....small chunks of roasted pork on mini ciabatta's. Plus, the little smokies in bourbon BBQ sauce...herring rollmops around an onion......boy, I'm gettin' hungry!    :P

36 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

herring??????????:confused: that's for people who cant catch fish to make there own!!!!!!!!!:grin::grin: right REB!!!!!!!!:P

I dunno...you tell me,nozzle nose! :grin:

well I make my own pickled fish!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

30 minutes ago, smurfy said:

well I make my own pickled fish!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

Yeah, you take the herring out of the labeled jar and pour it into a Kerr. :P

Remember, I've witnessed your fishing prowess first hand. :)

33 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Yeah, you take the herring out of the labeled jar and pour it into a Kerr. :P

Remember, I've witnessed your fishing prowess first hand. :)

:Dthat's why I figured you'd know I have fish to pickle!!!!!!!!!:grin:

11 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

I heard he got booted out of the fresh fish section of Byerly's for dropping a line in the display case and hollering "GOT ONE!"  :lol:

twasnt me bucko!!!!!!!!:D

56 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

I heard he got booted out of the fresh fish section of Byerly's for dropping a line in the display case and hollering "GOT ONE!"  :lol:

He still couldn't catch a fish....;)

46 minutes ago, smurfy said:

:Dthat's why I figured you'd know I have fish to pickle!!!!!!!!!:grin:

All I know is both times I've been around you you got out fished by a kid. :D:D:D

nope haven't heard anything. I few houses out. personally I wouldn't drive out, hearing 12 to 15 inches.there are vehicles going out but just as many parking on shore!!!!!!! my ice fishing is over with. had  back surgery this past wed.