• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unique Super Bowl Food?

I know someone normally starts a thread about what's being served at the big game so I don't mean to take that over. But, I am looking to make something new or unique to bring to the game day party Sunday. Other than the typical wings, meatballs, taco dip, and chips (not that there is anything wrong with these foods), anyone got any new/unique/crazy stuff out there a guy could make? Last year I experimented with fatties and they turned out great, might do a few of those too but looking for something else to go with it. The oven, grill, smoker, or crock pot are all in play here! Thanks in advance!

How about something ethnic?   Lettuce wraps on the asian side.   Spring rolls (the fresh ones with rice paper, noodles, shrimp, bbq pork.   

quesadillas, rolled tacos, etc in mexican stuff.  

Antipasto stuff from Italy?

Oh, Del. Yer turning into a Californy kook.  "Pass the tofu crisps and the whole wheat bay bites, please". :crazy:

How about a build-your-own kabob bar?  Bamboo kabob sticks, strips of beef, fish, pork, and grilled veggies...peppers, mushrooms,  with fresh veggies like cherry tomatoes, assorted onions (green tops, purples, yellow and whites) and a small grill to sear them all on....with assorted dipping sauces.....hmmm.... I think I like that idea!!!! :P

8 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Just another Sunday here, ribs are on the menu.  Stuffing RHs chili brats Saturday so anything is possible for the big feed..

RH stuffed chili brats using his recipe? Or how did you rate getting some from him? :(:D

Edited by leech~~

Whoa, those brats sound really good! Thanks for the rest of the great ideas, all of them sound great, too many to pick from!

Whoa, those brats sound really good! Thanks for the rest of the great ideas, all of them sound great, too many to pick from!

13 hours ago, leech~~ said:

RH stuffed chili brats using his recipe? Or how did you rate getting some from him? :(:D

Yep, RHs recipe.

2 hours ago, Jim Almquist said:

More than likely Curly's brand as they have chili brats and RH makes them often.

I had to see what all the fuss was over curlys and ordered up a bunch of different seasoning. So far so gooood. ;)

13 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Yep, RHs recipe.

2 hours ago, Jim Almquist said:

More than likely Curly's brand as they have chili brats and RH makes them often.

I had to see what all the fuss was over curlys and ordered up a bunch of different seasoning. So far so gooood. ;)

18 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Ours usually looks something like this.

Pepperoni, cheese Bread, BBQ Meatballs, Chili Bean cheese Dip & Chocolate Chip cookies.  May throw in some hot wings this year. :)

1779673_1411168409131150_1173163796_n.jpg

don't crap us leech..........were's the whiskey bottles and beer cans????????

18 hours ago, RebelSS said:

PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Don't forget the rib rub!!!! :P

LOTZA MOTTZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we"re still kicking around ideas. nothing different yet but trying to think out of the box. so far thinking of some wings, itialian meatballs, and ma wants them lil smokies..............:cry::cry:. not much of a fan of those, taste like grease to me but maybe with the new BBQ sauce it might be OK????????

oh and there will be plenty of liquids!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

or not enough!!:crazy:

oh there some good stuff..................or else i'm I light weight!!!!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Oh, Del. Yer turning into a Californy kook.  "Pass the tofu crisps and the whole wheat bay bites, please". :crazy:

How about a build-your-own kabob bar?  Bamboo kabob sticks, strips of beef, fish, pork, and grilled veggies...peppers, mushrooms,  with fresh veggies like cherry tomatoes, assorted onions (green tops, purples, yellow and whites) and a small grill to sear them all on....with assorted dipping sauces.....hmmm.... I think I like that idea!!!! :P

What!?  You don't like spring rolls?  Soak your head in pho or something.

He wanted something different, dude.  

Several countries have great street food.  

Satay skewers.  Thai stuff, Mexican stuff. 

Eating ethnic food is the American thing to do.

2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Who said you were gonna get any, anyway? Bring it on, Dave!! Pounds of it!!! We'll pour you a bowl of smurf berries...:P

Are you saying you're inviting us all over to your house for the Superbowl? :whistle:

Edited by Big Dave2

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, delcecchi said:

How about something ethnic?   Lettuce wraps on the asian side.   Spring rolls (the fresh ones with rice paper, noodles, shrimp, bbq pork.   

what da heck is this stuff?????????? ethnic food for super bowl grub????

On 2/1/2017 at 6:34 PM, delcecchi said:

8 minutes ago, smurfy said:

what da heck is this stuff?????????? ethnic food for super bowl grub????

That must be what the Rochester Liberals eat.  :D