• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You should join ice castles owners group on facebook if you haven't. There is a gentleman on there who makes ice mats for outside the door. Just seach tony cummings. You will also get a bunch of great ideas for the castle! When you do a search be sure to click on all posts

Jessica, this real tough to see but I don't have any other pictures until I go out to the house, maybe you can save it and blow it up. The best thing I've found for an entry mat is steel catwalk that is used for commercial stairways and such. I put a flat 2x4 under each side to keep it up off the ice and it works great. Mine is about 18x 20 (?).  Welders always have scraps laying around they will sell cheap. 

Outside picture.JPG

2 hours ago, TRPLTRBL said:

HAWG, I always say, "Better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass!"

Any comments you have on an Ice Mat for outside the castle door?

Cant speak to the covers but what are you looking for in the mat?  If its for cleaning boots and what not thats one thing but I wanted a bit more traction outside of ours and found by drilling 5-10 holes an inch or so down and letting all the slush refreeze we got great traction outside of ours.  Top it off with all the slush we pulled from the holes.  Freezes up pretty quick and leaves for great traction.

14 minutes ago, Hawg said:

I did that all the time too, but no slush with an Ion. MLR, I wouldn't have thought of that anymore but slush works great for traction. I assumed it was for cleaning boots.

Still seem to have plenty slush with the ION after 6 holes.  Can never seem to get it all flushed back down.

Moon Lake, do yourself a favor and get a slush copter. Many times I wish I wouldn't have sold my first Ion so cheap and bought reverse, slush copter works 100 times better. The Ion is better though just when you break through so you don't pull slush up though. 

11 minutes ago, Hawg said:

Moon Lake, do yourself a favor and get a slush copter. Many times I wish I wouldn't have sold my first Ion so cheap and bought reverse, slush copter works 100 times better. The Ion is better though just when you break through so you don't pull slush up though. 

+1 on the slush copter.  I don't even use my catch cover slush bucket anymore.  Just drill the holes, sweep the slush down the hole, and run the slush copter for about 10 seconds.  I can clean about 6 holes with my slush copter in the same amount of time it would take me to clean one hole using the slush bucket and using a scoop to clean the holes.  Plus lifting a 40lb bucket full of slush is never very much fun. 

9 hours ago, TRPLTRBL said:

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has purchased an Ice Castle and received wheel covers that are too short, and what you did to fix the problem?

Mine reaches the ice with 4x4 blocking, sounds like yours are to short, I would return them.

The wheel covers "came" with the castle, no additional fee. I'll keep my comments about that to myself, & leave it at that. Yes it's a hydraulic. I emailed Ice Castle yesterday, still waiting on response. Looking online, they appear to be quite spendy, so I am going to try to make a set & see how it goes! 

Thanks for the traction ideas!