• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mayweather vs. McGregor

Love to see that one...and maybe, once again, McGregor would get his mouth slammed shut. He's the Rousey of the male fighters. But.....I wouldn't bet on Mayweather in this one, as I think Connor may have the harder hitting edge...sure like to see this one live, though! ;)

I have the same opinion on the harder puncher, but I think Mayweather is a whole package. Defense and learning from round to round is why he is so darn good. Most of his fights consist of him getting peppered a few times in the early rounds but then he starts incorporating his footwork and once that straight right starts finding the mark it's about over for the other guy. 

Dana says, never gonna happen.  Boy, thats a lot of money to say no to.  It would be a horrible fight and I would feel sorry for anybody shelling out the $50plus it would run.  Floyd fights, if youre not a true boxing fan, are terrible, now for the true boxing fans, this fight would be terrible and still would be poised to take home a whopper of a pay day.  Terrible idea for a boxing match, glad its not happening.  Only way I would pay to watch these 2 in a ring is if they were both getting knocked out.  Connor would have zero chance, not even a punchers because he cant throw more than a hybrid right straight/hook and his footwork is worse than Balboa's.

Edited by DrJuice1980

Make the fight boxing rules, with dirty boxing and hammer fists legal. Have it in an octagon, 5 five minute rounds. Instead of boxing gloves, they wear mma gloves. Those rules would help in McGregor's favor a little bit, but Mayweather still wins in a landslide.

9 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

I would have to imagine Mayweather would be an overwhelming favorite, so of course I'd put money on McGregor.

$100 PPV perhaps?

Last I checked the lines were

Mayweather  -900

and McGregor +500

So I would put 100 on Mcgregor for the chance to win 500

Rather than 1000 on Mayweather to win 100

Another cynical, bloated Mayweather circus, another nail in the coffin of boxing. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight. A virtually enending parade of douche bag "celebrities", the Burger King King in his entourage and a lackluster fight.

This will once and for all settle the debate. Who is the best boxer? A pro boxer or someone else.....

Even if Mcgregor cant win, he also cant lose. After determining what he will take home in pay hes already won.

I expect it to be another disappointment just like the Pacquiao fight. 

Cant compare this mayweather fight to any other, this isnt even boxing.  Did any of the main governing bodies sanction this bout?  I dont even see the entertainment value as its just going to be a circus and reminder that any money spent watching it, a portion would go to these turdfaces.

Alphabet soup "titles" ruined boxing. There's at least a dozen or so sanctioning bodies, and some of those have several different categories of belts per weight division! It's an absolute disgraceful joke! Can you imagine how much the boxing landscape would be if there was only 1 championship belt per division? Even the UFC is starting to water down their championship. Seems like each division has an interim champion now 

Growing up I got to see Ali fight on ABC television with Howard Cosell doing commentary.  Then I believe boxing went to HBO.  Now it is Pay per view.   The average person has no contact with boxing these days.   I can't name a single active boxer right now outside of Paquio and Mayweather.  

I think it died when the boxers got a guaranteed purse vs what I seem to remember was the winner got x and the loser got x for a fight. Not near the incentive when you make the same no matter what you do but then again part of me suspects they know who will win the fight before it happens. 

On 6/17/2017 at 2:08 PM, JBMasterAngler said:

Alphabet soup "titles" ruined boxing. There's at least a dozen or so sanctioning bodies, and some of those have several different categories of belts per weight division! It's an absolute disgraceful joke! Can you imagine how much the boxing landscape would be if there was only 1 championship belt per division? Even the UFC is starting to water down their championship. Seems like each division has an interim champion now 

Maybe an "Inter-continental" belt is on the line here.....