Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
BoxMN

Kenmore Gas Stove - oven not starting

Hi all, I have a Kenmore Gas Stove that is fairly old, but I can't even find a model number. It has electric ignitor and digital settings, so not REAL old.

Stove top burners are working fine, and last night I baked some burgers in the oven just fine, and I did use broiler, all worked fine. But it was spurting fat I am sure. But it worked.

Today wife went to put in a prime rib for my Mom's birthday dinner.... (figures, on this day it happens...) and the oven won't fire up on any setting. Not Bake, Not Broil, not Clean.

I do have instructions for "bake burner removal" and "Igniter (glowbar) replacement". Do either of these things seem like they might take of my issue? Or what else should I look for? Might I have clogged a jet, or blown out a pilot (I don't think this has a regular pilot as I don't recall ever needing to light one before.).

Thanks for any help or advice! I don't want to get a new stove... Glad I have good neighbors who will cook the meat, hope they don't eat it too ;)

i had something similar happen to my kenmore gas oven. if you pull out the warming drawer and get down and look there should be a model number. I had to call an appliance repair guy to get the parts as I had no clue where to start. it was a cheap fix but dealing with gas etc, I just opted to let a pro do it. labor was more expensive than the parts so wasnt to bad.

Thanks Run!

From the looks of it so far, I will need a single igniter for the lower, but the broiler does seem to be working if I give it time. About a $20 part on Amazon, and I will see how much it goes for locally tomorrow. I think I can tackle it, thanks to YouTube ;)

I replaced an igniter on an oven and it is pretty easy.  Bought an oven for deer camp and stove top worked but igniter did not get hot enough to open the gas valve.  $25 Amazon part and 20 minutes and it is now working like a charm.  Stay away from OEM parts as they will cost $100 or so.

I have had excellent luck at Northland Appliance back off of White Bear Parkway south of 96 a couple of blocks.  Every time I have gone in there to buy a part I explain what the problem is and they say exactly what I need.  It may take them a few days to get it, and you may pay more than you would on-line but getting the right dope ASAP is worth it in my book.  There is also an appliance parts place on Willow Lake Bvd west of 61 a block or so.  Maybe Dey?  Good selection of parts but not good with advice on what  you need.

I had the same experience with the place west of 61 when getting a washer belt. Perfect belt (not cheap there either) but no advice. Will keep the other place in mind for next fix :)

The Amazon part was identical and showed up on Monday and took 20 minutes to install and put oven back together. I only uttered one swear word, and that was from dropping a screw... Piece of cake fix.