• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who will do it?

Jim Uran

Should be some good games today, I'm definitely rooting for the Falcons and Steelers but I don't know man. The Pats just seem to play the best team ball in the League. Guys step up and perform at every different position.  The Packers are just scary in the post season, not so much the whole team but that dirty dog Aaron Rodgers. 

I hope they both turn out to be competitive and exciting. 

1 hour ago, Duffman said:

Ya know it's  gonna be a Pats/Pack superbowl.......the refs will not have it any other way.

;)

Yeah it's hard to disagree with that lol... Let's make it worse, Aikmen and Buck are announcing the game  :cry:

On 1/22/2017 at 0:27 PM, Duffman said:

I hope that the teams that I despise lose.

I get loving YOUR team and all but I will never understand the average sports fans obsession with "despising" other teams.

What is there to despise?

Really what is there to despise?  Everything about your rival team is to be despised!!!  Cant stand their colors, mascot, city, fans...usually a lot of the despising comes from interacting with one of your rivals fans and being just annoyed with them and listening to them go on and on as to why their team is so great!!  Like listening to an Alabama fan tell us how great of a team they are and yada yada yada:grin:

51 minutes ago, ozzie said:

Really what is there to despise?  Everything about your rival team is to be despised!!!  Cant stand their colors, mascot, city, fans...usually a lot of the despising comes from interacting with one of your rivals fans and being just annoyed with them and listening to them go on and on as to why their team is so great!!  Like listening to an Alabama fan tell us how great of a team they are and yada yada yada:grin:

That's also called jealousy.

53 minutes ago, ozzie said:

Really what is there to despise?  Everything about your rival team is to be despised!!!  Cant stand their colors, mascot, city, fans...

Do you do this in your real life? Have you ever been in a bowling league or softball league? If so, did you despise the other teams in your league?

I'm going to be honest, there are only two teams in the league I despise. One is the Packers, the other is the Seahawks. The Packers, the reason is obvious, the Seahawks it is more or less Richard Sherman lol AND their sickening cocky attitude AND their hoards of bandwagon fans. 

I always root for the underdog in any game excluding the two above mentioned teams, and of course my Vikes. 

Hey!   I've been a Seahawks fan since the beginning. We used to fly down from Alaska to SEA for the weekend:  the Washington Huskies on Sat. and the Seahawks on Sunday.  We ate cold oatmeal and hard bread for a lot of years before now. And I can remember in the old Kingdome when the floor would begin  to pulse and wiggle with fan cheering and raving!  It was scary sometimes.....I mean it....actually scary.

We ARE fans and sometimes we ARE cocky!

"Do you do this in your real life? Have you ever been in a bowling league or softball league? If so, did you despise the other teams in your league?"

I will say that when I play softball, just with my competitive nature or annoyance of certain teams, I do despise them to a point where when I play against them I take it a little more serious and want to win a little more as I hate losing to certain team more than others.  I usually don't have any relationships with players on those teams and there is usually a past experience to cause me to despise them.  But I don't take anything extra curricular serious enough to care past the game I am playing or watching...

On 1/27/2017 at 4:54 PM, Big Dave2 said:

I get loving YOUR team and all but I will never understand the average sports fans obsession with "despising" other teams.

What is there to despise?

I've also wondered why someone would obsess over which team another man may chose to support.  I've even known people to go as far as to start an entire thread about why people should ditch the Gophers.  its crazy, right?

4 minutes ago, nofishfisherman said:

I've also wondered why someone would obsess over which team another man may chose to support.  I've even known people to go as far as to start an entire thread about why people should ditch the Gophers.  its crazy, right?

LOL :)

I don't hate the Gophers, I even hope they turn it around sometime in my lifetime but I see no point in supporting a 50 year loser.

Plus Gopher fans are such a fun bunch to razz, they have such thin skin....;)

1 hour ago, ozzie said:

"Do you do this in your real life? Have you ever been in a bowling league or softball league? If so, did you despise the other teams in your league?"

I will say that when I play softball, just with my competitive nature or annoyance of certain teams, I do despise them to a point where when I play against them I take it a little more serious and want to win a little more as I hate losing to certain team more than others.  I usually don't have any relationships with players on those teams and there is usually a past experience to cause me to despise them.  But I don't take anything extra curricular serious enough to care past the game I am playing or watching...

Good luck with your hypertension and your early onset heart disease.....;)

On 1/27/2017 at 6:36 PM, Jim Uran said:

I'm going to be honest, there are only two teams in the league I despise. One is the Packers, the other is the Seahawks. The Packers, the reason is obvious,

IMO I think it looks silly for Vikings fans to despise the Packers because whether it is or not, it always looks like jealousy.

On 1/27/2017 at 6:36 PM, Jim Uran said:

the Seahawks it is more or less Richard Sherman lol AND their sickening cocky attitude AND their hoards of bandwagon fans. 

You must be too young to remember back when they were never any good. It's all about perspective.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Well if Tom Brady's balls are hard, the Falcons may have a chance! :P

Sure. IIRC once they changed out the balls they supposedly altered with ones at the supposed proper psi he threw for more yards and TD's than when the supposedly altered ones were in play.;)