• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stacking Bodies

Luttes

How do you guys stack bodies in your hubs?  I have a 3 person and can fit 3 grown men in there just fine.  I've been putting them all in a line and have had a heater in front of the holes, but I was wondering if there are any other, better configurations to consider.  I don't like the idea of having 3 lines all in a row, so something like the middle picture might be better, or maybe I'm just over thinking and should just get out and fish ;-)

Hub Layout.jpg

Have to admit, I was expecting a different conversation based on the subject line of this thread!

Would it work to have a hole in 3 corners, with the guys grouped toward the center  with their backs to each other? Assuming your hub has 2 doors, that would allow people to get in/out without too much hassle.

I'm also assuming if you're currently fitting three people in a three person hub, you're keeping things rather scaled down. I have a three-man, but once I get chairs, a heater, minnow bucket, etc. in there it's really a 2-man.

1 hour ago, Getanet said:

Have to admit, I was expecting a different conversation based on the subject line of this thread!

Would it work to have a hole in 3 corners, with the guys grouped toward the center  with their backs to each other? Assuming your hub has 2 doors, that would allow people to get in/out without too much hassle.

I'm also assuming if you're currently fitting three people in a three person hub, you're keeping things rather scaled down. I have a three-man, but once I get chairs, a heater, minnow bucket, etc. in there it's really a 2-man.

Haha gotta have a catchy title to grab peoples interest, right?

So something like this?  Might be a smidge tight that wat, but might also work really well! I'll have to give it a shot! 

huh, I guess I haven't had that problem, If I have 2 guys, I'll pull my sled inside and have it between us so all the gear and snacks are handy. 

Thanks for the input!

Hub Layout2.jpg

Yep, that's what I was thinking, just didn't know how to create a graphic. That set-up wouldn't work if people are sitting in chairs and fishing out of two holes, but I know a lot of guys have their Ice Armor type of gear on and kneel because the move often.  I, on the other hand, like to show those fish who's boss and basically refuse to move once I'm set up.

34 minutes ago, Luttes said:

So something like this?  Might be a smidge tight that wat, but might also work really well! I'll have to give it a shot! 

huh, I guess I haven't had that problem, If I have 2 guys, I'll pull my sled inside and have it between us so all the gear and snacks are handy. 

Thanks for the input!

Hub Layout2.jpg

Looks like a good plan - warmer in the center also.

Bring a couple of pieces of 24 to 30" by 48 to 60" pieces of plywood along to lay down, and you'll have a nice dry place to sit.

Just now, swamptiger said:

Looks like a good plan - warmer in the center also.

Bring a couple of pieces of 24 to 30" by 48 to 60" pieces of plywood along to lay down, and you'll have a nice dry place to sit.

I've been thinking about getting a few industrial kitchen floor mats with the holes in them to keep feet off the ice and out of water, plus they provide some slip protection. 

4 hours ago, Luttes said:

Thanks for the input!

Hub Layout2.jpg

I think I may have tried that once and it's pretty tight....unless you have a very short rod.