• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2017 Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing

bassfshin24

I made up quite a bit of ground with my T bend picks, but I'm still sitting in 12,350 place.  Ended up with 4 guys fishing day three and 2 guys fishing on the last day.  Has the Bassmasters Elite ever fished on Ross Barnett?  I see some guys have fished an Open there, sounds like a good skipping, pitching lake.

As of right now this is who I have

A. Hackney

B. Evers

C. Tharp

D. Herren

E. Omori

These could all switch. Contemplating on switching Hackney for J. Lee. Evers seems to always be solid. Tharp is gonna be pissed that he had such a bad tourney last year and will whack them this tourney. But who knows. 

Wheeler
Mueller (possibly the most underrated Elite guy, IMO)

Kennedy
Herren

Lucas

B and C are pretty solid for me. I like Wheeler here, but could go Defoe or even Feider. Herren and Lucas are too good to be in D and E, but both have struggled which makes me nervous. All picks subject to change. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited by law.

I've been watching J. Elam.  He's had a real solid couple of years and can fish a big variety of water. I nearly took him over Hack last time. For me, it's going to come down between him, J. Lee or Wheeler, who is red hot as well.  One thing I've noticed, is how tough of a time Chris Lane is having from last years MLF events to this years Elite series. We'll see if he can shake it off.

Switched up my pick at the last second in bucket A and put Wheeler in there. Great ledge fisherman and sounds like this dude puts in more time on the water then any other angler out there.

A. Wheeler

B. Evers

C. Tharp

D. Herren

E. Omori

Sounds like the bite has been super tough. Will be interesting to see how it goes. 

Feiders sittin just outside the top 12. Really cool to see him doing well this year. Didnt sound like he had much luck prefishing going into the last tournament or this one but hes doin a heck of a job when it matters. Would be sweet to see him fighting for another top 12 spot on saturday!

As for my fantasy team... not so good. I was having a decent year so far (except for tharp last tourney).

Disastrous for me. Kennedy absolutely bombed, and Wheeler somehow managed to miss the 50 cut. Evers got me some points and Herren (thankfully) managed to make the 12 cut which will soften the blow a little. Still a bad event for me. Yuck.

Hackney
Tharp
Herren
Kennedy
Zaldain

Hoping Zaldain's swimbait mojo will give him a good finish out of bucket E. I need a good derby here to get back in the mix! With deep cranking likely being a big player here, I imagine I will kick myself for not putting KVD on my roster, but oh well!

I was beginning to think everyone was asleep on here after the fishing opener.  Here's my lineup

Christie

Combs (he really needs a good turn out here, before they head up north)

Rojas

Alton Jones Jr.

Niggemeyer

We'll see how they do with the format that every bass is weighted and counts and only their biggest is weighted on the stage.  It almost has a MLF feel to this tournament.

I finally just said screw it, so I picked a couple of guys that I thought would do good (Christie, and Rojas) and some over looked guys that have had a little success this year, and were from the area.  Would never had expected Alton Jones Jr, to go from 80 something place on day 1 to the top 12.  Glad he was on my team though