• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2017 Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing

bassfshin24

I thought about this the other day and checked out my account again. Looks like it starts in Feb? Boy I sucked last year. It's fun during the off season, but I kinda forget about it once it gets nice here and I start fishing myself.

Very small group.  Must be because of the early start.   BM seems to be trying alot of different stuff to keep it fresh.  The bracket tournament being one of them.    Nice to see them spending some time in MN, but with just 8 boats, I could think of a half dozen other lakes for a better venue, starting with Vermillion - big water, big largemouth, big smalls.   Tonka, Leech, Pelican by Orr and maybe Whitefish.   Lakes with both species definitely add to strategy, and Pokegama fits that bill.    I'm happy to see the business going to outstate areas though.

Oh yeah, Nice job Mrfloat.

Yeah there are a lot of guys that I think can do well in this tourney. Gonna be hard to pick. For me I thought bucket D was a pretty easy pick with Rojas. He's a very good shallow water fisherman and I think there could be some frogging action going on in this tourney. Jared Lintner could be a good pick too. This guy fishes Clear Lake out in CA a lot and does a lot of punching and flipping out there and I think that could be good on the Big O. Who knows though. Going to be fun to see some big fish brought in. 

Rojas is also who I picked, but guys like Kennedy, Howell, Lintner and others could do really well too. There are also a bunch of lesser-known Florida and Louisiana guys in bucket D who could make some noise.

Edited by thatoneguy

For bucket D I'm going to swing for the fences and pick Fletcher Shryock.  Not sure though, still have 6 days to make up my mind.  The hard one for me is bucket B too many good names in there to pick from.  Also this is my first year for Fantasy Fishing so it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out at the end of the year.  As of right now my rank is 8,276, I did pick the winner but 3 of my guys didn't make it to day 3 including KVD.

Yeah bucket b was hard but I went with Mark Daniels. I've been following this guy on the flw for a couple years and this dude is a stick. Seems like an awesome guy too. 

Yeah the past few years I have stunk it up on fantasy. A few years ago I think I finished like 83 overall. Pretty darn good considering there was like 20000 people that were signed up. Of course half of those probably forgot to put picks in. 

I think I got a pretty good bucket this tourney

A: Tharpe

B: Daniels

C: Ish

D: Rojas

E: Lucas

Edited by bassfshin24

Changed bucket D already, hoping my lineup isn't too bad either but you never know with a fishery like Okeechobee where you can get lucky and catch a monster and move up quick. 

My guess is that bed fishing is going to win, then a frog bite?  What do you guys think?

Here's where I'm sitting as of now but it'll probably change

A: K. Combs

B: A. Montgomery

C: I. Monroe

D: S. Kennedy

E: C. Lane

That's a pretty solid line up. Combs is a beast anywhere he goes. I definitely think bed fishing could play a part. I also think that Wheeler could have a chance to win 2 in a row. That dude has done some fishing on the big O and has done well. It's gonna be a fun one to watch. Would be awesome if Feider all the sudden brought in a giant bag and had another good tourney. Not sure how many times he has fished Florida though. I know J. Douglas does a lot and does well down there so I am sure he is giving some tips to Feider. 

For better or worse, I tend to look at the ownership of the anglers.  All things equal, I like Tharp. But if he stumbles, he takes half the fantasy field with him. I think momentum and consistency come into play alot too. I flipped a four sided coin and it came up J. Lee. I may flip it again between him and Wheeler.    FLW fishes this lake a lot, and always has, so the guys joining BM Elite after years in FLW have a lot of experience on Okee. I really like Chad Grigsby for this and he has low ownership, but he lost the coin toss.  A. Lee

B. Lane

C. Powroznik

D. Kreiger

E. Benton

More coin flips to come

My biggest challenge when picking guys is do you go with the guy that's been in the league for quite a while or the new guy.  My thought is that if a guy has fished the lake and knows some of good spots is he going to be content with the spots he knows from the past and stick to them maybe longer then he should if the fish aren't biting.  Where a new guy is going to be looking for places where the fish are now and maybe more adaptable/run and gun? 

I like to pick one or two guys that maybe don't make sense but could pull it off, like Kennedy in bucket D and Montgomery  in bucket B. 

Either way I wish I was fishing down there right now instead of guessing who's going to win it.  On a side note has anyone fished it before?  I might be going on a vacation down there next year in February or March.

Well I joined the group late but Im in! Had a rough first tournament but hopin to make up some ground. Totally opposite fishing conditions compared to the first event and it stacks up a lot of good shallow water largemouth guys in the lower brackets. Should be a fun one to watch!

I didnt pick him but itd be cool to see Feider up there again. He knows how to flip from tonka and saw him get a good one prefishing.