Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
bassfshin24

2017 Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing

I thought about this the other day and checked out my account again. Looks like it starts in Feb? Boy I sucked last year. It's fun during the off season, but I kinda forget about it once it gets nice here and I start fishing myself.

Very small group.  Must be because of the early start.   BM seems to be trying alot of different stuff to keep it fresh.  The bracket tournament being one of them.    Nice to see them spending some time in MN, but with just 8 boats, I could think of a half dozen other lakes for a better venue, starting with Vermillion - big water, big largemouth, big smalls.   Tonka, Leech, Pelican by Orr and maybe Whitefish.   Lakes with both species definitely add to strategy, and Pokegama fits that bill.    I'm happy to see the business going to outstate areas though.

Oh yeah, Nice job Mrfloat.

Picking for Okeechobee is going to be tough! There are a lot more guys whose style fits that lake than there were for Cherokee. I keep waffling on bucket D...I can make an argument for several guys, but nobody really jumps out at me. Thoughts?

Yeah there are a lot of guys that I think can do well in this tourney. Gonna be hard to pick. For me I thought bucket D was a pretty easy pick with Rojas. He's a very good shallow water fisherman and I think there could be some frogging action going on in this tourney. Jared Lintner could be a good pick too. This guy fishes Clear Lake out in CA a lot and does a lot of punching and flipping out there and I think that could be good on the Big O. Who knows though. Going to be fun to see some big fish brought in. 

Rojas is also who I picked, but guys like Kennedy, Howell, Lintner and others could do really well too. There are also a bunch of lesser-known Florida and Louisiana guys in bucket D who could make some noise.

Edited by thatoneguy

For bucket D I'm going to swing for the fences and pick Fletcher Shryock.  Not sure though, still have 6 days to make up my mind.  The hard one for me is bucket B too many good names in there to pick from.  Also this is my first year for Fantasy Fishing so it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out at the end of the year.  As of right now my rank is 8,276, I did pick the winner but 3 of my guys didn't make it to day 3 including KVD.

I am I think 145th after the first event. If I hadn't switched my pick to KVD at the last minute (or if he had at least made the 50 cut) I  would be sitting pretty!

Yeah bucket b was hard but I went with Mark Daniels. I've been following this guy on the flw for a couple years and this dude is a stick. Seems like an awesome guy too. 

Yeah the past few years I have stunk it up on fantasy. A few years ago I think I finished like 83 overall. Pretty darn good considering there was like 20000 people that were signed up. Of course half of those probably forgot to put picks in. 

I think I got a pretty good bucket this tourney

A: Tharpe

B: Daniels

C: Ish

D: Rojas

E: Lucas

Edited by bassfshin24

Changed bucket D already, hoping my lineup isn't too bad either but you never know with a fishery like Okeechobee where you can get lucky and catch a monster and move up quick. 

My guess is that bed fishing is going to win, then a frog bite?  What do you guys think?

Here's where I'm sitting as of now but it'll probably change

A: K. Combs

B: A. Montgomery

C: I. Monroe

D: S. Kennedy

E: C. Lane

That's a pretty solid line up. Combs is a beast anywhere he goes. I definitely think bed fishing could play a part. I also think that Wheeler could have a chance to win 2 in a row. That dude has done some fishing on the big O and has done well. It's gonna be a fun one to watch. Would be awesome if Feider all the sudden brought in a giant bag and had another good tourney. Not sure how many times he has fished Florida though. I know J. Douglas does a lot and does well down there so I am sure he is giving some tips to Feider. 

For better or worse, I tend to look at the ownership of the anglers.  All things equal, I like Tharp. But if he stumbles, he takes half the fantasy field with him. I think momentum and consistency come into play alot too. I flipped a four sided coin and it came up J. Lee. I may flip it again between him and Wheeler.    FLW fishes this lake a lot, and always has, so the guys joining BM Elite after years in FLW have a lot of experience on Okee. I really like Chad Grigsby for this and he has low ownership, but he lost the coin toss.  A. Lee

B. Lane

C. Powroznik

D. Kreiger

E. Benton

More coin flips to come

Mine is:

A) Tharp
B   Lane
C) Hackney
D) Rojas
E) More different Lane

I may switch to Kennedy for bucket D. No real reason other than one of those weird hunches that almost inevitably works out badly for me.

My biggest challenge when picking guys is do you go with the guy that's been in the league for quite a while or the new guy.  My thought is that if a guy has fished the lake and knows some of good spots is he going to be content with the spots he knows from the past and stick to them maybe longer then he should if the fish aren't biting.  Where a new guy is going to be looking for places where the fish are now and maybe more adaptable/run and gun? 

I like to pick one or two guys that maybe don't make sense but could pull it off, like Kennedy in bucket D and Montgomery  in bucket B. 

Either way I wish I was fishing down there right now instead of guessing who's going to win it.  On a side note has anyone fished it before?  I might be going on a vacation down there next year in February or March.

Well I joined the group late but Im in! Had a rough first tournament but hopin to make up some ground. Totally opposite fishing conditions compared to the first event and it stacks up a lot of good shallow water largemouth guys in the lower brackets. Should be a fun one to watch!

I didnt pick him but itd be cool to see Feider up there again. He knows how to flip from tonka and saw him get a good one prefishing.

Well fishing started this morning What's every ones line up?  I did change mine up a little bit, hope I have a couple in the top 20

A: Combs

B: Scroggins

C: Monroe

D: Kreiger

E: Lane

Anyone who took Brett Hite is a happy camper! Wayyyy too early yet to get too excited or too worried. Bobby Lane stuck an 8+, and his total weight is 17 and change, so he could vault up is he makes a couple of good culls.

For those (like me) with Tharp in Bucket A - due to technical difficulties he is showing a zero on BassTrakk, but his marshall says he has over 20 lbs and will be near the top.