• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waubay Report?

Still 16 inches of ice, Waubay but ice is starting to deteriorate from the windy weather. Fishermen are advised to walk out only. Driving is not recommended. Still a fair perch bite on Waubay, most in the 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 inch range. A good pike bite on Cottonwood Lake by Lily.

Call The Grenville Sportmart 1-605-486-4641 for a report on Waubay.

Don't need a permit for ATV or a fish house. Weather is not looking good for Friday night into Saturday morning. Freezing rain and snow in the forecast. In sioux Falls today we had freezing drizzle.

BE, is right! The bigger fish are in the middle portion of the lake. I was there last weekend and will be there again this weekend. Most of the perch we got were in the 11-12 inch range, and the walleye were numerous. The refuge has also been good, but remember to check out the special regs before wandering around in there. Look for the 22-26 foot range for a good mixed bag of walleye & perch. See ya on the ice!ScottS

I fished Waubay this weekend and not many of you guys can say that. I didn't see another person on the lake. It was really cold/windy Saturday but the fishing was good. Flyingfish and I sorted through some nice jumbos and easy caught our limit of nice ones. We also tried two other lakes and managed to pick up a bunch of crappies. As for the walleye, we got one small one but that was it, they didn't want to cooperate with us.

As for the ice, the ice is still real good. We did not drive on and probably could not have due to the huge drifts on the lake.ScottS

I've heard from a reliable source that the action on Waubay the last week has been FANTASTIC! Not sure where he was fishing, but in 3 evenings he landed 6 8+lb walleye and a 20# northern. Said there were lots smaller than that, but those were the trophies...

Wishin I was Fishin