• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kdrill or Nils

Snowbound

On 12/15/2017 at 8:47 AM, Surface Tension said:

It wasn't easy.

I had to marry a Finn and be in good standing with MIL to get my foot in the door.   I then meet Matti Nykänen at a Pikkujoulu Party  when he noticed I had a new Nokia phone and asked to see it.  We talked for hours about our ski jumping days over a loaf of Pulla. Later the conversation turned to ice fishing and Nils Master.

His uncle was a sharpener in Finland and planned to come to the USA and sharpen. Said he could make a lot of money.   Turned out he wasn't authorized by Nils Master and his true intent was to smuggle brown bread in the US and in doing so lost his visa.  It was a huge embarrassment to his family and to Finland.   Finland needed a sharpener in the US but I was a Norwegian.   After some arm twisting by my MIL I was allowed to be trained but I had to sign a sworn document not to pass anything on to either Norway or the Russians. Even then I wasn't allowed to see how the blade was made, only how to sharpen and reshape a blade that needed reshaping.

Retire,  exercise and a Finnish Brown Bread is the key to a long life and you don't need to smuggle it. I order it online from New York and it keeps good for years.

Great story! So, apparently it's Top Secret then....:confused:

I've had the Nils 8" hand auger for about 15 years now, and now it's time to take full advantage of it. Getting both a drill plate and Milwaukee drill for Xmas.

For the ice fishing I do these days, it should be a perfect fit. Can't wait to try it out this weekend, yes Christmas will be a couple days early for me. :)

And I'll be selling my Lazermag shortly. What do you guys think, $150 with an extension and an extra set of new blades sound fair?

Granted, it hasn' been fired up in a couple of years, so it might need a little work.

48 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

if you get it running good with those extras around 200 I would think.

Pictures help a lot, you never know how many times he dropped it off the back of the sled? :D

Edited by leech~~

Just arrived K-drill 8" from Reeds.  Replaced my older  DCW996 with another from hsolist.  Works awesome.  Will no longer be using the strike master Electra.  My other tools are dewalt so wouldn't spring for the Milwaukee and my manual says Dewalt works also.