Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Snowbound

Kdrill or Nils

The only problem we have had with the kdrill is today we had ice build up between the center point cutter and the first tooth on the chipper blades. Once I cleaned that out it drilled like day one. Don’t need any other auger. 

On 11/18/2017 at 9:54 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

I will decide if that is true when I get my nills back out. hopefully soon. 

Have you got it Back? Was wondering how Frank did with cutting the head down & if it fixed your slush issues.

I just picked up the M18 Fuel drill a few weeks ago to replace an old drill that finally died.  I figure if I needed a new drill anyways why not buy one of the best ones out there that can also replace my old Jiffy Model 30 that I'm still using.

Looks like the preferences are mostly split between pairing it with the kdrill or the nils.  From what i can find the 8" for either is the same price.  I do like that I can get the hand drilling option with the nils but I wonder how often i'd actually use that if I can just grab the drill.

What are people seeing for blades staying sharp on the kdrill and nils and if sharpening is needed what is easier to get done?

Speed and weight aren't big concerns for me I'm just looking for the option that requires the least maintenance and will allow the most years of use before having to monkey around with blades or any sort of maintenance.  For reference I don't get out on the ice a ton these days and don't tend to drill a ton of holes unless I'm able to get out for a weekend with the guys.   

Got the k-drill first ice last winter. Have roughly 5000+ holes drilled (I fish kinda hard:grin:) Drill through dirty ice about half the time, hit a tree branch or two along the way as well. Was out this last Sunday, 5inches of ice...still very sharp.

I did touch them up with a file once or twice durring the season.