Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Snowbound

Kdrill or Nils

No experience with Nills but I have the 8" Kdrill and its awesome. I love showing it off and once you use it, as Jim said your sold. I hear they are coming out with a Kdrill 9" and if that works as I expect I will be done with gas augers of any kind. I rent houses and move often. I am also getting older and K drill is making my job easier. Love it so far. 

I own a K-drill 8 inch.  I have no idea where or what i hit while drilling but i have a couple nicks on the blades, Anyone know if this is covered under the lifetime sharpening they give? 

After reading the warranty its pretty vague. 

I just used the Nils on a buddies M18 drill; not the fuel model. Very impressed! Super light weight & cuts like butter!

I was getting about 25 holes with my 3 amp hour battery. I should have entered the race with Rick g and eyeguy I think ricks kdrill would still won. I can say the area we fished is now Swiss cheese. I burned through 2 batteries and had full one to spare. I will say the kdrill is impressive but the slush left by eyeguy nils wow. I will take my clamplate and auger any day over that. I know eyeguy was working reducing the slush left in the hole but the holes Rick and I cut you could fish in with ease.

Volume wise it cuts the same as any othe 8" auger. 

Does the Nils make finer chips than others?  

I never saw the issue the few times I used mine. 

Can you reverse the drill and push the slush down the hole.?

1 hour ago, Snowbound said:

Can you reverse the drill and push the slush down the hole.?

Any time I have ever tried that it creates havoc with the sonar until it floats back up the hole and is removed but if anyone has a fix for this let me know.

On 3/27/2017 at 8:30 AM, Hawg said:

Why can't you put the drill in reverse and flush the slush?

Great question! The only time I've found a need to do that with the K drill, is when I drill multiple holes side by side.  

Really glad I bought a K drill, super light, and fast. The way our winters seem to getting, with less and less ice; I'm considering selling the Lazer Mag. Maybe some year we'll see an old fashion MN winter with 3' of ice and tons of snow....

17 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Great question! The only time I've found a need to do that with the K drill, is when I drill multiple holes side by side.  

Really glad I bought a K drill, super light, and fast. The way our winters seem to getting, with less and less ice; I'm considering selling the Lazer Mag. Maybe some year we'll see an old fashion MN winter with 3' of ice and tons of snow....

They've been ice fishing Upper Red since Nov 7th

Were on track for a traditional winter

Edited by Snowbound

17 hours ago, Snowbound said:

Were on track for a traditional winter

Far from traditional, but either way, believe me, not complaining one bit. I'll take more comfortable days on the ice, in the woods, and looks like another day in the the boat tomorrow over extreme cold and deep snows of yesteryear. Having a lot of hobbies help bide time between waiting for good ice, and the warm up of spring.