• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kdrill or Nils

Snowbound

No experience with Nills but I have the 8" Kdrill and its awesome. I love showing it off and once you use it, as Jim said your sold. I hear they are coming out with a Kdrill 9" and if that works as I expect I will be done with gas augers of any kind. I rent houses and move often. I am also getting older and K drill is making my job easier. Love it so far. 

I own a K-drill 8 inch.  I have no idea where or what i hit while drilling but i have a couple nicks on the blades, Anyone know if this is covered under the lifetime sharpening they give? 

After reading the warranty its pretty vague. 

I was getting about 25 holes with my 3 amp hour battery. I should have entered the race with Rick g and eyeguy I think ricks kdrill would still won. I can say the area we fished is now Swiss cheese. I burned through 2 batteries and had full one to spare. I will say the kdrill is impressive but the slush left by eyeguy nils wow. I will take my clamplate and auger any day over that. I know eyeguy was working reducing the slush left in the hole but the holes Rick and I cut you could fish in with ease.

Volume wise it cuts the same as any othe 8" auger. 

Does the Nils make finer chips than others?  

I never saw the issue the few times I used mine. 

Can you reverse the drill and push the slush down the hole.?

1 hour ago, Snowbound said:

Can you reverse the drill and push the slush down the hole.?

Any time I have ever tried that it creates havoc with the sonar until it floats back up the hole and is removed but if anyone has a fix for this let me know.

On 3/27/2017 at 8:30 AM, Hawg said:

Why can't you put the drill in reverse and flush the slush?

Great question! The only time I've found a need to do that with the K drill, is when I drill multiple holes side by side.  

Really glad I bought a K drill, super light, and fast. The way our winters seem to getting, with less and less ice; I'm considering selling the Lazer Mag. Maybe some year we'll see an old fashion MN winter with 3' of ice and tons of snow....

17 minutes ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Great question! The only time I've found a need to do that with the K drill, is when I drill multiple holes side by side.  

Really glad I bought a K drill, super light, and fast. The way our winters seem to getting, with less and less ice; I'm considering selling the Lazer Mag. Maybe some year we'll see an old fashion MN winter with 3' of ice and tons of snow....

They've been ice fishing Upper Red since Nov 7th

Were on track for a traditional winter

Edited by Snowbound

17 hours ago, Snowbound said:

Were on track for a traditional winter

Far from traditional, but either way, believe me, not complaining one bit. I'll take more comfortable days on the ice, in the woods, and looks like another day in the the boat tomorrow over extreme cold and deep snows of yesteryear. Having a lot of hobbies help bide time between waiting for good ice, and the warm up of spring.

I live in central MN but northern MN is still home.

Winter is my favorite season.

It was always tradition back in the day just before Thanksgiving to deer hunt Sunday ice fish Monday.

We are well before that this year up there. They have been driving sleds from Baudette to Waskish

I'm hoping it only gets better