• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ata show 2017

rkhinrichs

Their, there. I was.  Not overly excited by anything I saw. Did get to shoot the Gearhead bow and was fairly impressed. Some uniqueness to this bow, and completely reversible right to left so dealers should like that as far as reduced inventory they must carry.  And the lightest crossbow out there. The new Halon shoots extremely well but like its predecessor just too heavy for my taste.  The Bowtech Reign felt pretty good, but again nothing special.  Everyone makes a roto molded cooler, trail camera, and broadhead nowdays. Liked the cast aluminum tree stands from Rivers Edge at a better price point than others.  Hawk is making some neat treestands and accessories. Goldtip was doing a demo bending their arrows vs other brands and was quite amazing how much farther theirs would bend before breaking, and how much their arrow recovered (would not take a set) after bending vs the other brands. I might switch just because of the durability and straightness factor. Got to hold the new world record Tennessee non-typ.  That's a lot of horn.

1 hour ago, Archerysniper said:

Spent some time shooting the Reign 6 the other night. I have to shoot the Reign7 yet however my tried and true Prodigy mightbe up for sale soon. 

Nice to know! I will be buying a new bow in August! I need to shoot all the top brands and make a choice. 

On 1/28/2017 at 7:20 PM, Archerysniper said:

Spent some time shooting the Reign 6 the other night. I have to shoot the Reign7 yet however my tried and true Prodigy mightbe up for sale soon. 

All the big boys are going to Elite these days.  Be sure to check them out.

5 hours ago, DonBo said:

All the big boys are going to Elite these days.  Be sure to check them out.

I shoot an elite and my next bow will be a newer one but I think a lot of that is guys chasing the money. I don't think there is a smoother bow on the market than elite but I think when you get to the level of those guys you could shoot any bow and have good results. And the reason they get the money is because the manufacturer knows people are going to buy them because their name is associated with the maker. That being said, I agree with Donbo, you definitely should shoot an elite. In my opinion they're as good as anything and I've owned most brands. 

Edited by huntnfish

They are not speed demons, but elite sure makes some smooth drawing bows. My next bow will be something that draws easy at any poundage and is likely a 50-60 rig. Too many years of shooting at 72 lbs on tough pulling bows has reeked havoc in my shoulders. 

On 2/22/2017 at 11:11 AM, Scoot said:

Too many years of shooting at 72 lbs on tough pulling bows has reeked havoc in my shoulders. 

Said most everyone over 40.  Let this be a lesson to all you youngsters out there.  50 lbs is plenty to kill most anything that walks this planet.

On 2/23/2017 at 0:56 PM, DonBo said:

Said most everyone over 40.  Let this be a lesson to all you youngsters out there.  50 lbs is plenty to kill most anything that walks this planet.

I want a little more than 50 for my kodiak brown bear hunt:eek: