Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

fishinfan

Fish House Stove

7 posts in this topic

What has everyone used for a fish house stove and are you happy with it. My last fish house, I actually put in an apartment style stove because I had it up in the V of the house and had room. This time I want to put it over the wheel well on a hydraulic frame. My main concern is it is big enough to make pizza's inside, but can you do anything else with the actual stove part or are they all too small?

They work very well for the frozen pizza size, 12" or so.  

I just found the key to making them work well, and not burn the bottom.  Menards sells a pizza stone for about $18.  Let that pre-heat for 5-10 mins, and you'll have a perfectly cooked pizza.  They just take awhile (30 mins or so), so start before you are starving!  I also put it directly on the metal "shelf" below the rack, and made some perfectly baked bread.  

gunner55 and Moon Lake Refuge like this

I skipped the oven in my build and got myself a Pizzazz (LINK).  Cooks a pizza in 15-20 minutes and no preheating.  Best part is that it cooks nearly anything you can imagine and since the dish rotates it cooks everything evenly.  During college I used mine every day cooking things such as chicken nuggets, french fries, garlic bread, pizza rolls, mozzarella sticks, corn dogs, bacon, eggs, fish, even a burger (just elevate it so it's not sitting in its grease).  Sometimes a oven can be easier but a pizzazz only takes up a fraction of the space, is cheaper, and cooks faster.  Pair it with a $30 hotplate and you basically have the same thing as an oven.  Only downside it that it requires a generator but it's only 1235 watts so a Honda or Yamaha 2000 will have no problem. 

I haven't used mine so I can't comment on that part. What I can say is don't waste your time ordering one online. I ordered a total of six ranges. 1 never showed and 5 were delivered damaged, badly. I tried ordering Atwood and Suburban from various dealers and two came straight from the manufacturer. Finally the 7th was purchased at an RV dealer locally. I know....I'm a slow learner I guess.

Dont have a stove, but if your using a generator save the money and just get a pizza oven.  Cooked everything from pizza, hot dogs, brats frozen items etc.  Just put aluminum foil down on drippy items

Check the salvage yards.... I was able to get a magic chef out of a late 90's RV in like new condition for $125

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•   (Really needs to pay more attention to what the trulolo singer is actually saying..)      
    •   Because you have an affinity for such things??..    No, seriously, you need to take a good look at your browser's advanced settings.  Some browsers can be set so they will automatically wipe your cookies and search history every time you shut the browser down.  Not sure which browsers have this capability, but the one I use is Epic.    
    •   If we retrace what happened to get Obamacare passed in the first place, we need to remember the narrative that was used by the Democrats that there were 49 million Americans with no insurance.  Now they are saying 24 million Americans will lose their insurance if the law is struck down.  So I'm taking that to mean they actually got 24 million people to sign up in the exchanges under the law after 7 years.  So about as "successful" as the REAL ID Act...   Between the healthcare industry, big pharma, and the insurance industry, somewhere between $300 and $400 million was spent in lobbying to get the ACA passed.   The Koch brothers are pledging $300 to $400 million in the 2018 election cycle to strike the legislation down, and have also stated they will not support any politician in the future who votes for Ryan-Care.   It's how things work in the real world, like it, or not....
    •   Can anyone explain why I get ads here for dating sites with a picture of a big busted older woman   or Russian and oriental girls looking for marriage when I don't even go on those sites?
    •    In a  free market, ObamaCare would have collapsed two years ago. And all the promises made regarding it are and have been falling apart.   But government does not let boondoggles collapse. ObamaCare will be funded, unfortunately, with more debt and printing to keep it and all it's problems on life support   Think "too big to fail" and QE    
    •   Nunes Backs Down From Assertion Trump Was Monitored   Keep reading your fake news Uncle Bill. Also Nunes canned the next committee hearing on Russia. He is basically a Trump crony at this point, trying his best to obstruct the committees investigation.   There's Trump's transition team. Now go back and watch the Comey hearing. I think you will hear a certain 2 GOP representatives who are only worried about who is leaking intelligence rather than what the intelligence says (or literally the exact same thing Trump says).
    •   They could for example sell the information to your insurance company that would promptly adjust your rates if you showed a tendency toward unhealthy behaviors. It doesn't take much imagination.   There is actually a plan to fight this one. The goal is to crowd source some funding, then purchase the data for congressmen and publish them all to the public.     
    • Ah......the wet dream again.  To make varsity, you have to keep your material fresh and creative. While everyone else is playing Chess, you are still playing Boggle.
    • Maybe you could ask Rick for some HSO decals to go on the front of those bad boys eh?    All kidding aside, nice work.
  • Our Sponsors