Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

JigSawJimmy

Give Me My Benifits

28 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm not going to argue with you about this

Yeah, Ok. 

I respect not tarnishing a thread about 'you'. Which will be the basis of my argument.

Ego, middle class pride.

13989b9e094b25fa9e1921e2585242fa.jpg

45 minutes ago, Uncle Bill said:

95ad1a5f01c7fa35d1410e47c9e6f00d.jpg

:P

Overused --try something more original!

3 hours ago, JigSawJimmy said:

Yeah, Ok. 

I respect not tarnishing a thread about 'you'. Which will be the basis of my argument.

Ego, middle class pride.

So now in 2017 it is considered ego and middle class pride to take responsibility for your own self? No wonder this country is so screwed up. 

19 minutes ago, Juneau4 said:

Overused --try something more original!

alabama-truck-your-next-clemson.png

1 hour ago, Uncle Bill said:

On 1/10/2017 at 8:50 AM, Uncle Bill said:

Danged guy can't even spell what he puts on his truck. :whistle:

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

Danged guy can't even spell what he puts on his truck. :whistle:

Drives a Fjord. Everything just fell into place.

Were my mony?

On 1/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, Big Dave2 said:

So now in 2017 it is considered ego and middle class pride to take responsibility for your own self? No wonder this country is so screwed up. 

First thing is first.

You repeating and hammering home taking responsibility for yourself is leading me to draw questions.

You will never hear me make the announcement or for that matter many others either.

Why?

Because it's what your supposed to do.

It's a certainty that if you want to have, be something in this life it's created with your own hands.

As blowing a trumpet on a mountaintop that I take care of my kids, show up to work, don't cheat on my wife and etc.

Not my style.

Now for this Ponzi scheme I've been paying into since the day my old man threw me out of the house as a young teen and the full time job/jobs/companys I have had since then, it's not a matter of standing on my own two feet when I get old, I have had that covered well before life throws me the curveball.

I,as many others, have paid for all

the less fortunate,lazy,disabled, unambiguous population and if that moment comes when I find it right to cash in my chips, I will.

Its my money I earned with a lifetime of long days, sweat, sacrifice and determination.

Even if I don't need, freaking pay me.

Ill decide what to do with it.

( an anomaly event such as the lottery may alter opinion but I'll still take the money out of principle)

delcecchi likes this

3 hours ago, JigSawJimmy said:

First thing is first.

You repeating and hammering home taking responsibility for yourself is leading me to draw questions.

You will never hear me make the announcement or for that matter many others either.

Why?

Because it's what your supposed to do.

It's a certainty that if you want to have, be something in this life it's created with your own hands.

As blowing a trumpet on a mountaintop that I take care of my kids, show up to work, don't cheat on my wife and etc.

Not my style.

Man, I don't know what your beef is with me but I never made any announcements. I was just responding to your recommendation that I divorce my wife and claim poverty in order to game the system and get free health care. I just don't work that way, if you do that's up to you.

Now for this Ponzi scheme I've been paying into since the day my old man threw me out of the house as a young teen and the full time job/jobs/companys I have had since then, it's not a matter of standing on my own two feet when I get old, I have had that covered well before life throws me the curveball.

I,as many others, have paid for all

the less fortunate,lazy,disabled, unambiguous population and if that moment comes when I find it right to cash in my chips, I will.

Its my money I earned with a lifetime of long days, sweat, sacrifice and determination.

Even if I don't need, freaking pay me.

Ill decide what to do with it.

( an anomaly event such as the lottery may alter opinion but I'll still take the money out of principle)

Now all of a sudden you seem to be talking about Social Security maybe? We were talking about private health insurance when we started this conversation or do you think health insurance is a ponzi scheme too?

If you're now talking about Social Security, that's an entirely different subject. Of course I'll cash in if I live long enough to collect. I've paid in for quite some time myself.

What I'm not going to do is intentionally screw anyone in order to benefit myself. You can call me whatever names you want to to make yourself feel better but that's the truth.

13 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Man, I don't know what your beef is with me

None.

13 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

that I divorce my wife and claim poverty in order to game the system and get free health care.

That was an error on my part, the divorce, it's shocking for some.

For me, a piece of paper signed by another person doesn't mean a whole lot in regards to my spouse and me.

Gaming the system is perspective as they already gamed you.

And I should of known better here to articulate points better. The goal post tends to get moved around if you're not alert and on point.

As this scenario is predicated on the worst case, where in which you have a long term disability and it will ruin you financially.

Where in which the end game is not only you drawing healthcare now but a whole platter of gov assit. Which now costs even more money.

14 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

If you're now talking about Social Security, that's an entirely different subject. Of course I'll cash in if I live long enough to collect. I've paid in for quite some time myself.

Strictly healthcare. See goal post reference.

As I said most paid. Healthcare to me still represents monetary value.

What I'm not going to do is intentionally screw anyone in order to benefit myself.

I'll need examples of who gets screwed here to respond.

You can call me whatever names you want 

Don't play that game. It's cheap bait for the weak minded. 

to make yourself feel better 

Don't call me a wussy again. 

Let's get something straight. If anyone is moving the goalposts here, it's you.

Here's the original post by you in another thread that started all of this:

Get a divorce, hand it all over to your ex (wink). Claim poverty. Free health care.

Pretty sure you've earned it, as I'll put you on being a working man for your entire time here on planet Earth.

There was no talk about worst case scenarios, long-term disabilities or any of the things you are talking about now. It's a simple, short statement and I answered with the following simple, short statement:

Not for me. I'll take responsibility for my decisions in life and pay my own bills.

Then you made this statement:

Not me. If the wife or I fall ill when older, be darned if I'm depleting our life savings, retirement, kid's birth right before I get medicad I paid for over and over for a lifetime.

We be getting a divorce.

Period. No remorse. No guilt. 

But that's me. Not for everyone.

Then you went off on a tirade when I inferred that that way of thinking seemed to me very liberal.

All I am trying to say here is thanks for the advice but no thanks. I don't know what will happen in the future but I am not ready to divorce my wife and screw over the tax payers of Minnesota quite yet. My health is my problem, not anyone else's. I'm sorry if taking responsibility for my self rather than rushing off to live on the government is somehow upsetting to you but that's the way I live my life.

But that's me. Not for everyone.

Medicaid now allows spouses to keep and get some assets and income, even if the partner is in a nursing home

https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/eligibility/spousal-impoverishment/index.html

Spousal Impoverishment

The expense of nursing home care — which ranges from $5,000 to $8,000 a month or more — can rapidly deplete the lifetime savings of elderly couples. In 1988, Congress enacted provisions to prevent what has come to be called "spousal impoverishment," leaving the spouse who is still living at home in the community with little or no income or resources. These provisions help ensure that this situation will not occur and that community spouses are able to live out their lives with independence and dignity.

Under the Medicaid spousal impoverishment provisions, a certain amount of the couple's combined resources is protected for the spouse living in the community. Depending on how much of his or her own income the community spouse actually has, a certain amount of income belonging to the spouse in the institution can also be set aside for the community spouse's use.

Following is the minimum and maximum amount of resources and income that can be protected for a spouse in the community in 2017:

2017 Spousal Impoverishment Standard (pdf file link at medicaid.gov site)

You have a little validity in I'll share blame in with goal post on a swivel.

The OG post was whimsical by nature by.

Until responsibility, liberal were drug into the conversation, that was all it was going to be.

I think you are not taking advantage of

MN taxpayers.

But saving them in the bigger picture.

I think my ire steams from my grandfather going through it.

That stubborn mule needed some help but he darned if he would accept.

So he burned through all of retirement and savings without receiving any type of assistance.

Well then my grandmother had to live with nothing for the next twenty years.

It was sad.

4 hours ago, JigSawJimmy said:

I think my ire steams from my grandfather going through it.

That stubborn mule needed some help but he darned if he would accept.

So he burned through all of retirement and savings without receiving any type of assistance.

Well then my grandmother had to live with nothing for the next twenty years.

It was sad.

I would blame the system and not his morality.

1 hour ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I would blame the system and not his morality.

What part of "the system" would you blame? 

4 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

What part of "the system" would you blame? 

The part that makes it so expensive that you lose everything just because you got sick.

You don't lose anything.  You choose to hire people to deal with your problems.!  They need a living wage.