Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sunset Lodge

Sunset Lodge Weekly Fishing Report, nw Angle of low

2 posts in this topic

1.9.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report

Hello everyone! We are back with another fishing report for this week. We've had quite the week of weather here dealing with almost a foot of snow and some very cold temperatures.

On the Minnesota side, we are still fishing in 19-27 feet of water. Our houses start at Miller Point and run down to Four Block and Little Oak now, too. Jigging a spoon or anything tipped with a minnow head has still been the best. Deadsticking has worked better than jigging for some groups. Some saugers, perch and tulibees are being caught throughout the day, giving groups some bonus fish on top of the walleyes! Best colors have been gold/red, pink and chartreuse.

On the Canadian side, we are still fishing walleyes a little bit deeper in 22-29 feet of water and guys are getting their limits. Crappies have been coming in almost every night and some have been pushing that 16" mark. Best colors being gold and pink.

Until next week, stay warm everyone!

Forrest Huset

Sunset Lodge

IMG_3208.JPG

1.16.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report

Hello once again from the Northwest Angle!

We're back with another fishing report this week. It was another cold week out on the ice with temperatures below zero for most of the week. We should be out of the cold stretch for a while now and the weather for the next couple weeks is looking really good!

On the Minnesota side, we have our houses on Rabbit Ears, Four Blocks and Little Oak. All have been producing fish. Out at Little Oak, we are fishing in 24-28 feet of water off of structure and out in the mud. At Four Blocks, we are fishing in 22-27 feet of water and have found some very nice slot fish coming up the holes. At Rabbit Ears, we are still in 21-26 and it is still producing buckets of fish consistently. Best colors have been pink and gold tipped with a minnow.

On the Canadian side, the crappie and walleye bite has been very good. Limits of nice crappies have been coming back every day with some being in that 15-16" range. We are fishing in 27-33 feet for those, with small tungsten jigs tipped with a minnow or plastic. Walleyes have been very consistent in 25-30 feet of water on the Canadian side, also. Same jig colors as the US side, gold and pink tipped with a minnow.

Until next week everyone, stay warm and tight lines!

Forrest Huset

15965083_1273630719341149_7729781254265532200_n.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I thought it looked cool, the way it unfolds.   Run time indeed is an issue, and it would probably take slogging through them one by one to tell.
    • U have to keep telling us.......
    • duurrrr whats a heat exchanger I sold my trail sled and only have my f/c ice fishing sled now.   I was thinking about buying a new trail sled beginning of this year but glad I didn't I just don't have time for both ice fishing and sledding oh the hardships I have   I wish I lived in the mountains I think snowmobiling would win over fishing
    • Have the 8" k-drill. Bought it at the fishing show. Had it out about 8 different times and love it. No complaints. Very light weight, drill about 20-25 holes out each time. Only on Monday did I have to use a second battery, had about 21 inches of ice. I have two 5ah batteries for it.
    • It was awesome.....it is not exactly a new thing for presidents to lie, but the guy actually brought in clappers to clap for his lies about pee and crowd gate.....as this means somehow he wasn't lying his a$$ off?  Watching Spicer later in the day trying to provide cover for the boss was almost painful. ....if it wasn't so funny. No clappers there    #sidetrackedfromallthefirstdaypromises
    • Looks like great sub-flooring but not sure how well chip board products would hold up for a trailer top? Even if it's a covered trailer the slush and salt will do a number on the bottom side I would think? For the cost I would just put some 5/8th treated plywood down.
    • I used to sip cognac with a beer and I didn't even get in to whiskeys or bourbons until 8 or 10 years ago, so as a novice I started with the Canadian blends like Crown, Tangle Ridge and Pendleton and I'm more of a sipper using the old fashioned glasses.  I can't give recommendations on any of the really good brands, but if you ever see some of this... run screaming from the bar.  
    • Catfish is right up there with walleye, perch, trout, steelhead, salmon, flounder, grouper.....
    • What does it matter what Bernie Sanders had figured out considering the DNC blatantly rigged the primary against him? And then they tried with all their might to do it again and were exposed.   Face it, you party is fueled by people who are showing that they are the very ones they claim to be fighting against.    Immoral, intolerant, violent, judgemental and full of hate. 
    • hope to have my nills by next weekend to do some testing. 6 incher. putting it with a ryobi 600 pound torque drill with 4 amp batteries. sold the clam plate and auger. friend also use it with the milwaukee drill and same hang up issue. used an 8 inch k drill on bowstring last week with the milwaukee fuel.  opened holes nice and drilled nice. 
  • Our Sponsors