• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another skid house build

tysonsalla

I posted a few pics of my skid house on another thread, I finished this weekend and figured I would post my own thread to help with a few questions that were asked. The house is 8x10. The skids are a 2"x6"x.25" wall with .25" x 6"plate welded to the 2x6. Floor joist are .25" 2x2s 2' on center with 5/8" plywood flooring. The walls and ceilings are both 2"  foundation grade foam sheeting with the floor having 1.5". Spray foam wasn't in the budget for this one. I covered the floor and the 5" baseboard with behr deckover caulking the joint to have a shower pan style floor. The bench and drop away table are more for my kids as is the TV that hooks to the swivel mount via hitch pin. The 8k but direct vent takes a bit to get it heated but had the house to 70* after 2 hours today at 8* temps outside. I will probably use my big buddy to quickly heat while drilling the holes then let the direct vent takeover.  I also built a 7" cpu server fan onto a cigarette plug to help move that air around. Its been fun building and should be a blast on the ice. It's  I'll probably move onto a wheelhouse in a few years when my kids a bit older.  

20160501_101940.jpg

20160524_170223.jpg

20160816_080911.jpg

20161119_151326.jpg

20170102_121424.jpg

20170108_151832.jpg

20170108_151647.jpg

Not sure what's going on with your pictures loading but I only see the last one. But, the house looks great!

Well reopened it and now the rest are showing. I really wish I could get one like this that I could pull out with my sled. Nice work. :)

Edited by leech~~

9 hours ago, tysonsalla said:

I posted a few pics of my skid house on another thread, I finished this weekend and figured I would post my own thread to help with a few questions that were asked. The house is 8x10. The skids are a 2"x6"x.25" wall with .25" x 6"plate welded to the 2x6. Floor joist are .25" 2x2s 2' on center with 5/8" plywood flooring. The walls and ceilings are both 2"  foundation grade foam sheeting with the floor having 1.5". Spray foam wasn't in the budget for this one. I covered the floor and the 5" baseboard with behr deckover caulking the joint to have a shower pan style floor. The bench and drop away table are more for my kids as is the TV that hooks to the swivel mount via hitch pin. The 8k but direct vent takes a bit to get it heated but had the house to 70* after 2 hours today at 8* temps outside. I will probably use my big buddy to quickly heat while drilling the holes then let the direct vent takeover.  I also built a 7" cpu server fan onto a cigarette plug to help move that air around. Its been fun building and should be a blast on the ice. It's  I'll probably move onto a wheelhouse in a few years when my kids a bit older.  

20160501_101940.jpg

20160524_170223.jpg

20160816_080911.jpg

20161119_151326.jpg

20170102_121424.jpg

20170108_151832.jpg

20170108_151647.jpg

Shes a beauty Clark, a real beauty! 

I hope mine turns out half this nice.  Any idea on the weight?  Can I get a better look at that ceiling?

9 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Not sure what's going on with your pictures loading but I only see the last one. But, the house looks great!

Well reopened it and now the rest are showing. I really wish I could get one like this that I could pull out with my sled. Nice work. :)

You can leech, just buy one.  It's only money, you can make more tomorrow.