• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone been riding?

Walleyehooker

34 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

I think it will only fit 2 of the longer track sleds. It a 7 X16 with a V front. But it only needs to fit mine:D anyway. I went with a cargo trailer with a rear ramp as I have reverse now so no need for a drive threw and its a lot less expensive.

So the sled and ice fishing gear as well it sounds like. Good for you.

1 hour ago, LoonASea said:

Got out and put on a measly 140 miles ,,, decided to get off the trails when the temp hit the 40s ,,,awww who am I kidding ,,, I stripped down to my thong and kept riding ,,, You guys do need to get up here and put some miles on  

Well, may wait until it gets a little cooler, just so you put your suit back on! :sick:  :P

Just drove down from the Brainerd area. Lots of snow up there but going fast. Saw 4 young guys in a ditch south of there with not much snow and one sled with hood up smoking bad. Their still learning you need snow to cool your liquid sleds! :lol:

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Just drove down from the Brainerd area. Lots of snow up there but going fast. Saw 4 young guys in a ditch south of there with not much snow and one sled with hood up smoking bad. Their still learning you need snow to cool your liquid sleds! :lol:

duurrrr whats a heat exchanger

I sold my trail sled and only have my f/c ice fishing sled now.

I was thinking about buying a new trail sled beginning of this year but glad I didn't

I just don't have time for both ice fishing and sledding oh the hardships I have

I wish I lived in the mountains I think snowmobiling would win over fishing

I was glad I had scratchers on thursday,,,, after 7 miles on the trail my skid looked show room clean ,,, put the scratchers down and all was good ,,,Trails are still rideable up here but showing some snert,,, Gonna switch to ice fishing till we get some snow cover again 

2 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Im heading to Silver Bay in about an hour ,,, Gonna ride the NSST with the HCS group and hope I can keep up with the 'BRISK PACE"

Rat's last I heard there was no snow and the trails suk'ed? :(

Have fun, their not really the look at the scenery guys for sure! ;)

Trail and weather conditions were close to ideal,,, Im going to be a hurtin unit tomorrow as the trail to Tofte was rather ungroomed ,,, I took the sweep vehicle position and rode at my pace ,,,most of the time I never seen a sled in front of me but they waited for me at every turn or stop ,,, Put on a paltry 140 miles again but all in all it was a great day to be on the trail,,, Beargrease starts tomorrow so wont be riding the NSST for a few days ,,, Had lunch at the Trestle but didnt have a trainwreck as it sticks to my ribs and feels like a bowling ball in my stomach once back on the trail 

1 hour ago, LoonASea said:

I took the sweep vehicle position and rode at my pace ,,,most of the time I never seen a sled in front of me but they waited for me at every turn or stop

Hey those are all nice guys but I learned my lesson riding with them the first time, when we hit 60 mph in the first few 100 yrds out of the parking lot. I also never saw the next guy in front of me until we stopped. That is really not the way or safe way I like to ride anymore. And I like my Trainwreck to have a nice cozy ride home! :lol:  Hope we all can get in at least one nice long ride this winter before it's over. :)

Some sleds were running scratchers,,, With most of the guys in front running studs I never needed to put my scratchers down for cooling and my skid stayed snow covered and cool ,,, Im sure they groomed last nite for the dog sledders and with snow in the forecast things should be close to ideal when you get back up here to ride 

Wow surprised the trails are still ok but a lot of them are in the woods up there that helps. Would you need scratchers to keep sled cool? I will be back in a week and my trailer should be in by then so if trails hold up I would be up for a ride.                                 

17 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

I wont be sledding till sunday ,,, will let ya know then ,,, we did get 4 inches last monday and forecast to get 5-8 on this coming tuesday

After this weekend, grandsons B-day-Super Bowl I should be pretty open for the rest of the season baring lack of snow or a good Walleye bite happening! :)