Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Walleyehooker

Anyone been riding?

Now that Im back to semi retirement status I will be doing some week day trips,,,, Right now the NSST from Tofte north the trails are in really good condition with plenty of snow ,,, Snow in the forecast and milder temps  

43 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

We should try to do a ride next weekend? Anyone interested?

Just PM'ed you back. I'll be up in the Brainerd area fishing all next weekend.  May be weekend after or......

The following weekend I'm headed to California for a couple weeks for my annual winter break and wont be back tell February. So next weekend might be my only chance to ride for a while.

4 hours ago, Walleyehooker said:

The following weekend I'm headed to California for a couple weeks for my annual winter break and wont be back tell February. So next weekend might be my only chance to ride for a while.

Well poop, want me to take care of your sled while your gone?  You know keep the battery charged up and all? :/:lol:

Edited by leech~~

1 hour ago, LoonASea said:

I have family coming up next saturday so Im out 

I remember pulling Steve back on the trail last year too ,,,,We seeing a pattern???

So I wanted to pretend I was MN Mike out west. Sue me! :angry:  :P

IMG_2225.JPG

Edited by leech~~

got out and rode the Reservoir riders trail to the NSST ,,,got about 80 miles on ,,,,first set of tracks on most of the freshly groomed trail with 3 inches of fluffy snow ,,,Im going again tomorrow if we get the forecasted snow 

Got out and put about 100 miles on today ,,,, Passed the groomer about 3 miles into the ride and had smooth sailing from then on ,,,got about 5 more inches  today but the wind hasn't picked up yet ,,, another great day of trail riding ,,, gonna get cold for a few days so I will let the sled rest ,,, Almost burned a tank of gas,,,dang I love 4 strokes

Didnt get out on the trails over the weekend but got out today and got some good miles on ,,,, Trails were better last week but not too bad considering the amount of sleds on the trails over the weekend ,,, warmer temps coming but that wont take down the trail snow too much with hi's only hitting the mid to hi 30's

I started mine up in the garage today and let it warm up and charge the battery. Hopefully there will be snow when I get back from vacation in a few weeks and I can get up there for a ride.

On 1/16/2017 at 9:08 PM, Walleyehooker said:

I started mine up in the garage today and let it warm up and charge the battery. Hopefully there will be snow when I get back from vacation in a few weeks and I can get up there for a ride.

Well Walleyehooker, you may be in luck, because after 5 days of this warm weather it may take a week or two of cold and snow to just get back to point zero on the trails anyway! So you maybe back by then. :(

Edited by leech~~

Its definitely not looking good around here. But I will be riding somewhere when I get back. Just not sure where or how far I will have to drive but I will be riding somewhere. Hopefully the north shore base holds up and they get some more snow. If not it might be a snowmobile / fishing trip up to LOW.

Im gonna get back on the NSST today to see how its holding up ,,,, I will have to dress appropriately with the milder temps ,,, Hope to have a good report when I get back  

5 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

Well how was the ride? I got my enclosed trailer ordered up today and will be here when I get back.

How many sleds can "we" get in that new trailer? :D

I think it will only fit 2 of the longer track sleds. It a 7 X16 with a V front. But it only needs to fit mine:D anyway. I went with a cargo trailer with a rear ramp as I have reverse now so no need for a drive threw and its a lot less expensive.