• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance ice bag

Musky hunter 82

I picked up an Elite 3x all season pack over the summer mainly to have a small locator for the front of my boat, but also to have something to use for ice fishing.  I tried the elite on the ice a couple of times this winter and it works decent with the ice transducer.  I was using my phone with navionics to find the right depth and Mark spots, it works but when fishing in the summer I had to remember to save my way points on my phone as well as on my hook 7 that has the lake chips.  That got me thinking if I could mount my hook 7 in the Ice bag.  Well I can say that it works great now I can have the bag on my lap when running across a lake and know right where I want to go.  I added a small ram mount so I can pivot the screen better and gain more height with the unit.  JuSt thought I'd let everyone know that you can fit a 7" screen in the lowrance ice bag, it's a little tight but it does fit.

20170107_084437.jpg

20170107_084448.jpg

20170107_084525.jpg

I found that you have to mount the bas for the ram mount in the very back corner.  I just used a small piece of 5/8" plywood to mount the ram mount plate to the locator bracket.  You end up not using the bracket that comes with the bag, but you don't need it with the ram mount.  Also you end up loosing the space for the small tackle boxes but they fit nicely in the side pockets.

Wonderer here's an update on the Hook 7 for Ice fishing,

So I was able to take the hook 7 out ice fishing yesterday and it worked awesome.  I ended up modifying the hard plastic base plate that came with the Lowrance bag.  I was able to still fit one of the tackle boxes under the locator.  I used the ice fishing mode and set the sensitivity to 70% and I could see my 5mm tungsten jig in 28' of water.  I was fishing as close as 10' away from my dad who was using a Marcum lx2 and there was interference but not too bad.  I tried the different frequency options and none of them really cleared it up, but honestly it didn't bother me that much since the lines are vertical.  This did cause a lot of clutter on the flasher setting so I turned that off.  The only thing that bothered me at first when hole hopping was I would leave the unit on and pull the transducer out of the hole and then move to the next one, when I put the transducer back down the hole it would take quite a while for it to read bottom again.  That's when I found the Stop sonar check box, made a world of difference now I can just check that box pull the transducer and move to the next spot, drop the transducer down the hole and uncheck the box and pickup right where I left off with no issues.  I only fished for 3 hours on Saturday and with running the GPS/Lake maps and sonar on the entire time my 7ah battery was still at 12.3 volts. 

20170218_165828_thumb_jpg_df11a57ad7d0a7a307aff0b26dfaddf9.jpg

20170219_071743_thumb_jpg_698812d551f91d8cda2f103368aed2a8.jpg

20170219_071754_thumb_jpg_5e19b42ec066648aeb3702bceec9d7a7.jpg

20170219_071923_thumb_jpg_1b2bc14d7b55d16fe880aaeea459a632.jpg

20170219_071944_thumb_jpg_63f6542a6c62eac84d8254ea34813501.jpg