• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils Master with Drill

Surface Tension

I've tested my 8" Nils with and without a Clam Plate.  With hardly any torque from the Nils the plate isn't necessary but you might find it handy if for no other reason then for setting it on the ice.

Advantage of using a drill adapter is less weight but a better reason is I take the drill off after use and during transport.

Nils Master makes an adapter or you can get the Ice Master which is what I've been using.

Or you can go with the Nils Convertible auger which is drill ready or use the handle for hand drilling.

Here is a video I found where the guy is using an 8" Nils Trekker with Nils drill adapter.

Next up is myself with 8" Nils using the Ice Master Drill adapter. Both are using the Milwaukee 2704 hammer drill.

Its titled 14" of ice but that wasn't counting the 3" of frozen slush on top.

After 20 holes I had used 1 bar on my 5 amp hr battery and having 3 bars left.

I'm confident this combo will easily tackle 30" of ice.

Thanks Frank for the interesting post. I love my 8''Nils  with the Milwaukee drill. I get about the same results in 14" / 16 " ice .

I have the old style Clam plate which is kind of a pain to remove the chuck so I will be looking in to that adapter. I have quick connect pins for both the 8'' Nils and my 6'' Mora hand auger which I have adapted to fit the plate. . I use the 6'' to locate fish . A lot of times I'll put a 6'' hole along side the 8'' for my transducer. Great system all around.

Thanks again Frank.

Tinker.