• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coming up this weekend

Slabberknocker, I will be fishing around Waubay, but may venture South. I have heard the ice is pretty good and improving fast. I hope we hit em good and don't get blown off the lake. Sounds like the snow is coming!ScottS

ScottS.,
What lakes are u going to be fishing? How is Waubay doing ice wise? I'll probably be heading back right after the first of the year too and maybe be able to drive on some of the smaller lakes (one good thing about being a teacher is I get 2 weeks off during Christmas). Forecast looks good for the next couple weeks. If you ever see a red Ford F-150 Supercrew, that is me. I will post when I get back. Talk to you later, have a good holiday.

I will be trying Waubay, Enemy Swim and Bitter I am sure. My wife really likes to fish for Northern, so we will be doing some of that. As for Waubay, there are areas that you can fish but I am not going to go exploring yet, I will wait for better ice. I have a gold Multi-colored F150, I will look for you in the area.ScottS

Well we got out! It was windy and cold but the fishing was pretty good Saturday. There are still open areas on Waubay and Enemy Swim. The ice is pretty good except for the open areas. 6-8 inches almost everywhere else. We went on by the refuge and picked up a bunch of perch and a few walleye and crappies. Action was very slow Sunday AM, 8 degrees and a 25 MPH wind, not a good combo.ScottS