• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cleaning an engine

My son who lives in California just called asking how he could clean the gunk from his motorcycle engine.  I told him that back when i did those things it was with a product called Gunk and a hose.  Apparently the hose is a no no out in california.  Any ideas how to do it while being able to prevent oil residue running down the street?   He's  a lot more concerned about this than I would be as it is probably less than a couple ounces of oil.

Thanks for your time.

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom7227 said:

My son who lives in California just called asking how he could clean the gunk from his motorcycle engine.  I told him that back when i did those things it was with a product called Gunk and a hose.  Apparently the hose is a no no out in california.  Any ideas how to do it while being able to prevent oil residue running down the street?   He's  a lot more concerned about this than I would be as it is probably less than a couple ounces of oil.

Thanks for your time.

Tom

Tell him to ship the dam thing up here where you can gunk it up and spray the thing down with a pressure washer! Sheesh!. :lol:

I dunno. He can't figure it out? Pour Dawn soap all over it and take it out behind the garage and blast it.  I never allowed my bikes to get "gunked up". That points toward leaking seals, etc.and poor maintenance. 

13 hours ago, Tom7227 said:

He's  a lot more concerned about this than I would be as it is probably less than a couple ounces of oil.

It's probably a legitimate concern in California.  He probably wouldn't want any trouble with this outfit...

Logo of CalEPA

Agency overview

Formed July 17, 1991

Headquarters1001 I Street Sacramento,California

Employees 4,550 permanent staff

Annual budget $1.8 billion (2011)

Agency executives

Matt Rodriquez, Secretary

Gordon Burns, Undersecretary

Child agencies

California Air Resources Board

California Department of Toxic Substances Control

California Department of Pesticide Regulation

California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment

California State Water Resources Control Board

California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery

Websitehttp://www.calepa.ca.gov/

With 4550 employees, they must have one lurking on every street corner...

Edited by swamptiger