• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hard Water

Good morning Backwater Eddy. Hey what is the up to date ice situation in the area? I am coming home next week for Xmas and I plan on fishing my tail off...I hope!

Eddy that isn't the news I was hoping for. It looks like the next few days are going to be warm and windy as well. On another note I received those Chubby Darters in the mail today. Those are the biggest 2" baits I have ever seen, wow! Maybe I should have gotten the next smaller size. It looks like a #6 treble on it. I may change it to a #8 to make it look smaller. Looks good though, nice paint job. I got a Dace and a Perch color, very realistic looking. Lets hope for colder temps and quiet winds now huh?

The big profile is the key to them Sumo Chubbys, so have faith, jig them and they will come.

You can Jig them higher off the bottom then you would most jigs. In deeper water 5'-6' off is not too high even. I have watched walleye & pike on the Vexilar chase a Chubby up to the ice in 20' and smash them.

Jig them and they will come.

wink.gif

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/