• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finished Yetti 8x16'

YettiStyle

3 minutes ago, Cooperman said:

Nice looking shack YettiStyle!

I would like it if you would post photos of your table setup. Thank for posting this, many great ideas.

Thanks everyone!  Definitely get a little bit of a puffy chest when you spend so much time designing and finishing off these things.  I'm headed out tomorrow-Monday with the shack so I'll try and get some pictures of the tables for you.  You'll just have to mind all the beer cans...

45 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Looks great!

Could you put a pedestal boat seat in your table stake pocket? I like the look of the natural counter top.. Did you seal or resin it at all for protection. I was worried about the same issue with the heater in the "V",  so we made a deflector out of diamond plate that works well, and also keeps the heat away from the tank covers.

Yea, holes are the same size so it would be an option for a boat pedestal seat.  The countertops are actually just edge-glued boards that Menards supplies.  I coated them in a few coats of Minwax Polyurethane.  If I was to do it again I'd chose something different because I've noticed that they have yellowed a bit. 

The exhaust cover is great for keeping debris out while on the road but during the summer it is also great at keeping out rodents and bugs.  Nothing worse than trying to fire up your heater for the first time during the winter and find out you have a mouse nest or a bee hive in your chamber clogging things up. 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:11 PM, birdswacker said:

Nice looking shackles Yeti

It looks like you used pine tongue and groove?

How thick is it? 3/4"

How much weight do you think it added?

No it's 5/16" cedar T&G.  No clue how much weight it added but I used about 50ish 6-packs and it is fairly lightweight.  Final weight is around 4,200lbs loaded with propane and gear. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:52 AM, YettiStyle said:

I've done a post on these before but I'll repeat it again just because I think it is very useful.  I used regular LED strips (basically tape with LED elements embedded on) to make recessed hole lights.  Each side operates independently with switches in the middle of the wheel wells.  These give off the perfect amount of light and really give the shack a professional look

Great project you've completed. Thanks for sharing.

I'm working on a build of my own. Any links or photos of the hole lights you did?

I don't have any pictures on the underside of the hole lights.  I basically just took my 1x2 trim board and routed out 1/4" x 1/4" from underneath.  I then used silicon to glue the LED strip into that routed out area then nailed up the trim board.   I wired each side separately (switches are between the rattle wheels on each side) for easy access.  All of my lights are 12V so I didn't have to worry about the AC/DC plug in or the remote that some of the LED light strips come with. 

Here is a link to LED strips similar to what I used.  Was able to cut these to length. 

https://www.amazon.com/Water-Resistance-Waterproof-Flexible-Cuttable-Lighting/dp/B01HRKVG7Q/ref=sr_1_11_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1536072006&sr=8-11-spons&keywords=led+strip+lights+12v&psc=1